Game Development: Musical Chair

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Musical Chair

Postby Cain » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:02 am

Avu wrote:Now that the cupboard are immobile while full can we please have them not degrade faster outside? Or can we get a similar or god willing larger outside immobile container?

They look stupid outside. This feature also makes buildings useful as storage places instead of giant fields of chests laying everywhere.
I once dreamt of crafting beautiful thane's rings... then I discovered Big Bear Bangers. Now I smash beautiful things.
Cain

Postby sabinati » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:19 am

granaries would be cool though. and maybe big haystacks or something.
sabinati

Postby theTrav » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:03 am

I agree with both Cain and Sabinati. I disagree with avu
theTrav

Postby Jackard » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:39 am

Cain wrote:
Avu wrote:Now that the cupboard are immobile while full can we please have them not degrade faster outside? Or can we get a similar or god willing larger outside immobile container?

They look stupid outside. This feature also makes buildings useful as storage places instead of giant fields of chests laying everywhere.

it was pretty funny coming across them in the wilderness. looks like a phone booth
Jackard

Postby Cain » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:43 am

Jackard wrote:it was pretty funny coming across them in the wilderness. looks like a phone booth

Exactly. They were also very unbalancing. I would take two of those in a boat and load up with 37 boards a load. Compare that to 17 in chests. And it takes about the same amount of time, as most of the time investment spent collecting boards is spent moving chests and the boat around. (metal saw makes tons of boards, and teleporting is instantaneous)
I once dreamt of crafting beautiful thane's rings... then I discovered Big Bear Bangers. Now I smash beautiful things.
Cain

Postby sabinati » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:45 am

yeah they were unbalanced as hell. sure was nice while it lasted though, cupboard + meatgrinder on a boat was great.
sabinati

Postby Jackard » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:47 am

Cain wrote:I would take two of those in a boat

you do know everyone exploited that while the exploiting was good right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT3J9T3MNQw
Jackard

Postby Cain » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:41 am

Jackard wrote:
Cain wrote:I would take two of those in a boat

you do know everyone exploited that while the exploiting was good right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT3J9T3MNQw

Is there any reason you have to expect that I think I'm the only one who did this? I was saying that I took advantage of the situation to get shit tons of boards very quickly, and that it would be dumb if that were continually possible. Therefore, the method I used (loading two cabinets into a boat) should not be possible.
Cain

Postby Leonon » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:52 am

Jackard wrote:it was pretty funny coming across them in the wilderness. looks like a phone booth
Now I want blue ones that can teleport through time and space and are bigger on the inside than on the outside.

Also, scarfs.
For the King, For the Land, For the Mountains
For the Green Valleys Where Dragons Fly
Leonon

Postby Avu » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:41 pm

Yes they do look stupid outside hence why I add the some other container that works well outside. There are still some jobs you cannot do inside that benefit from a larger container right next to them: farming, lumber->charcoal, fishing (though less so) even cooking until we get interior ovens. I repeat these containers will be immobile just like the cupboards maybe permanently immobile. A granary and haystack actually sound great.

as for TheTrav I am sure we are all glad you made another post but maybe an argument would not hurt next time especially since agreeing with sabinati made you agree with the second part of my post even though you said you disagreed with me...
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements