Game Development: Musical Chair

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Musical Chair

Postby Jackard » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:40 pm

i like the cupboards but i hope we get crates or sheds or something too

kimya wrote:
Laremere wrote:Also, man up guys. You got a giant piece of storage, but it comes at the price of having to be outside. Build a stone mansion and fill it up with rows, and you'll have a crazy amount of storage. If this isn't big enough for your giant settlement, just build another mansion. If you have enough people that you need that much storage, you have enough people to pull this off.

exactly.

yess i love it when pettiness spurs people to chime in and shout down an idea that might improve the game simply because they dont like the poster

let the hate flow through you
Jackard

Postby Potjeh » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:43 pm

The only problem with cupboards is that they're too good. I don't think I'll build a chest ever again.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby sabinati » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:45 pm

chests are good for outdoor storage.
sabinati

Postby Delamore » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:46 pm

Laremere wrote:Why not try to fix the problem instead of trying to patch it up with more things that don't really solve the problem? Perhaps all containers need to have more room in them?

Or perhaps the chests work fine until you get to a larger scale? You seem to just want to argue against what I'm posting rather than against the idea itself.
Delamore

Postby Potjeh » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:48 pm

I only need outside storage for sorting seeds. Everything else can go inside.

Also, tried hunting with a boat loaded with a grinder and a cupboard? I thought chest & grinder is good, but man, cupboard is a real monster. You can fit half a supergrid worth of animals in one of those babies.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby sabinati » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:51 pm

Laremere wrote:Why not try to fix the problem instead of trying to patch it up with more things that don't really solve the problem? Perhaps all containers need to have more room in them?

i'd be down with an extra bit of space in all containers. or stackability for some kinds of items.

Potjeh wrote:I only need outside storage for sorting seeds. Everything else can go inside.

Also, tried hunting with a boat loaded with a grinder and a cupboard? I thought chest & grinder is good, but man, cupboard is a real monster. You can fit half a supergrid worth of animals in one of those babies.

yeah it owns, i did that this morning
sabinati

Postby kimya » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:25 pm

sabinati wrote: or stackability for some kinds of items.

thats what we really need, isnt it? the cupboards are cool, but once we have stackable items the storage problem will be solved as far as it can be.
kimya

Postby Golbez » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:26 pm

Has anyone tested on the decay hitting cupboards? Because if they go down in one hit, grinder + cupboard will work fine until you happen to have the cupboard off the boat when the decay rolls by...
Golbez

Postby Potjeh » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:28 pm

IIRC someone said in this thread that they're as strong as wicker baskets, which means they can take one decay hit.

And hell, even if your cupboard does disintegrate during a hunt, building a new one is trivial.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Delamore » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:40 pm

kimya wrote:
sabinati wrote: or stackability for some kinds of items.

thats what we really need, isnt it? the cupboards are cool, but once we have stackable items the storage problem will be solved as far as it can be.

How would being able to stack items work when every item has a differing QL value?
Delamore

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements