2009 Development: Reincarnation, bunny slippers, backpack.

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

2009 Development: Reincarnation, bunny slippers, backpack.

Postby jorb » Sat May 30, 2009 5:15 am

We've been developing tonight and here's what's new.

Features: Reincarnation. If your character dies you will find a runestone in the Character Creation Room (Click "New Character"). From this runestone you'll be able to inherit the skill values of a deceased ancestor. Your new character will thus gain a percentage of the old character's skill values and learning points, determined by the old character's Tradition/Change setting in the personal beliefs submenu of his Character Sheet. Also all personal beliefs of the old character will be directly inherited without modification, except for the Tradition/Change slider itself, which always resets to zero.

Equipment: Bunny slippers (Craftable, Equippable, Increases Agility). Backpack (Craftable, Equippable, Increases Inventory size)

Other: The old front page change-log will be retired. From now on, all developments will be reported in the "Announcements" forum.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game development: Reincarnation, bunny slippers, backpack.

Postby kaka » Sat May 30, 2009 10:59 am

Finally!
I've been waiting for those slippers! :D (and the backpack)

Since you've implemented reincarnation, did you also give mobs a slight chance of actually killing you, like you said you would?
It would be good to now, 'cause if that's the case, I will really need to watch out when I go on my hunting journeys from now on. :P

I take it there is no mix and match when choosing whom you will inherit from, i.e. "multiple inheritance"?
kaka

Postby sami1337 » Sat May 30, 2009 11:57 am

Awesome update.
sami1337

Postby loftar » Sat May 30, 2009 2:18 pm

kaka wrote:Since you've implemented reincarnation, did you also give mobs a slight chance of actually killing you, like you said you would?
It would be good to now, 'cause if that's the case, I will really need to watch out when I go on my hunting journeys from now on. :P

Not yet. It might be coming without warning, though. ;)

kaka wrote:I take it there is no mix and match when choosing whom you will inherit from, i.e. "multiple inheritance"?

No, since, as you know, I am such a great fan of Java, I decided, solely for the purpose of imitating this godlike language (with its well thought-out and reasonable limitations, which no mortal should transcend anyhow), to implement only single inheritance, indeed. :)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby kaka » Sat May 30, 2009 2:20 pm

I thought that was the case. :)
kaka

Postby maze » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:04 am

loftar wrote:
kaka wrote:Since you've implemented reincarnation, did you also give mobs a slight chance of actually killing you, like you said you would?

Not yet. It might be coming without warning, though. ;)

It Had come with some warning :D

also best update ever. Reincarnation, bunny slippers and backpacks!

But when will i ever be able to up the Q of my bunny slipper's. I demand they use strings to make em!
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Re: 2009 Development: Reincarnation, bunny slippers, backpack.

Postby Jackard » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:08 am

game should let you domesticate rabbits
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
Jackard

Postby Kaios » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:45 am

strange choice of topic to bump
Kaios

Postby Captain_Bravo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:49 am

maze wrote:
loftar wrote:
kaka wrote:Since you've implemented reincarnation, did you also give mobs a slight chance of actually killing you, like you said you also best update ever. Reincarnation, bunny slippers and backpacks!

Man, when he finds out about all the other awesome stuff that's been implemented in the last two years, his mind is going to be blown.
Captain_Bravo

Postby novaalpha » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:33 am

I want tame rat servants.
novaalpha

Return to Announcements