Cut-throat Capitalism: Donations

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Cut-throat Capitalism: Donations

Postby Sarge » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:02 am

erozaxx wrote:I have a decent job. I already posted it in crashes forum - I will gladly pay, but I think some motivation in this case is needed. Some kind of goal to reach when enough money collected. I am willng to pay up to 100 € two to fourtimes a year. I guess anybody will pay something according to his earnings, but some people (me for example) tend to spend money only if they really transparently see where they went. I was supporting Ragnarok online (one of our local servers) for some time and it really motivated a lot of people when they saw, that new server is just few hunderds € away... There was also a big party when the server was bought (ingame and IRL as well).

So my suggestion is - Make sticky with cost of new HW/server/speedier broadband or whatever you are currently trying to save the €s and prize we need to reach. Then update it as money flows in and even post names of donators. People tend to compete even in spending the money. That would make more people pay because everybody will see his part on the overall quality gain.

EDIT: ..his or her... should not be sexist :)

Or please just let us know from time to time if you are making progress, hardware, service provider, whatever it is.

Tbqh, I have not donated again since I do not hear or see where and how it is helping.
factnfiction101 wrote:^I agree with this guy.
Sarge

Postby Uriel » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:36 am

you don't see it's helping you say... the game is running= it's helping
Uriel

Postby jorb » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:20 pm

Sarge wrote:Or please just let us know from time to time if you are making progress, hardware, service provider, whatever it is.

I did a little update post on the state of the economy. Hopefully it's informative enough, but feel free to ask specific questions if you have any. :)
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Sarge » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:37 pm

Thanks for that Jorb, much appreciated. Now I (we) know that the key determining factor in resolving lag with the current player base is not time, but resources.

Progress bar maybe? Or just let us know how we're doing in getting there.

... a couple more pennies thrown your way.
factnfiction101 wrote:^I agree with this guy.
Sarge

Previous

Return to Announcements