Game Development: Inventories.

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Inventories.

Postby Neyvn » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:46 pm

Chakravanti wrote:
Neyvn wrote:"MAKE THIS GAME LIKE RUNESCAPE CAUSE RUNESCAPE WINS EVERYTHING AND IS MUCH MORE LEET THEN THIS GAME"

Chakravanti wrote:Yeah. You're a dumbass.

Chakravanti wrote:Yeah he's too good/smart/experienced/Double 'o boxxy to have to address valid arguments.
Chakravanti wrote:You suck fucking balls because runescape sucks fucking balls.

You know for one thing, you can't discern Sarcasm even when its pointed out to you.
Neyvn wrote:Note, I suck at pretending to be a Noob cause I am not one to begin with, heck I can't even insult someone with something as stupid like "You suck fucking balls because runescape sucks fucking balls." Oh wait you can...

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Chakravanti wrote:EDIT - Scratch that, You're a dumbass because you ignored the most pointed argument. That Skill specific leveling is a proposition that is based on realism, fucked up dozens of other mmos, and would remove the very Theme of the game above and beyond the setting: Sandbox.

The Term Sandbox has changed over the years in Gaming Lingo. The truth be told this really isn't a Sandbox game. Its a Life Sim/RPG. And all these many other MMOs fucked up not just from this skill specific mombojumobo. They just generally sucked fullstop. A game which adapts only to what sells never makes it. But a game that adapts through Trial and Error does. How many times do you think JnL stuffed up before they even opened the Alpha to us. Look at all the bugs, and the unfinished work that is still here. This game isn't a game guys its a Creation. It works as a Sandbox game ATM due to the fact that we are testers, we are looking for bugs and glitches and unworkable paths and everything. This is not the end product. JnL look to us for our findings and thoughts on what has happened. AND they change THEIR Game to how they want it. How they pictured it to begin with. IF they want to have Level By Use then they will have it...

By the way. An argument that is said over and over again, without moving from its one position, isn't an Argument. Its and Excuse...
Neyvn

Postby Potjeh » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:48 pm

I still don't see the difference between your suggestion and Runescape.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Chakravanti » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:52 pm

I am not putting you down in any true way, if anything I am attempting to give you something to work on. You complain over and over again that you don't want the system to change but it should but do you suggest anything, no not really. You camp the thoughts of others just to start complaining that they are gonna change it to something that you don't want or just out right say that it will suck. You would find that the shoe is infact on the other foot to whom is really patronizing whom.

You don't read other thread then do you? both potjeh and I have made countless other (good and bad) suggestions.

I've had some of my threads refuted by the most insulting of critics (Jackard) and admitted when he right, argued when I didn't think so or tweaked my suggestion based on his criticism.

That's the system we have now.

don't fix it if it aint broken.
Oh and thinking inside a box, is just gonna leave you coming back to the same point. Not matter which way you turn you will hit a wall or you will see something you don't like, turn around and come back to the same point. Thinking outside removes all those walls and allows you to adapt...

Then stfu or adapt already. You're idea sucks. Deal with it. Fix it.

but it kinda needs to change...

WHY?
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby Neyvn » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:59 pm

Potjeh wrote:I still don't see the difference between your suggestion and Runescape.

Oh god are you serious...
Here something a little easier to understand.

Runescape- Grind Unused things to be able to use something better. But still really has no use.

H&H - Make items that you use as you develop the skills in that area and others and develop you area and grow as a character in what you are doing. When skill level increase so does what you make and its uses do.

Skill Development
Runescape - Make an item 100times and drop for no reason other then it sucks.

H&H - Make an Item and sell or trade or give to someone who is unable to make said item due to youth in game or inaccessibility to resources you control.

Reason for 'Grinding'
Runescape - Repeat for no other reason other then to be better then the other man.

H&H - Repeat to grow and live.

Community development as skill levels grow.
Runescape - I am Haxor and and better then you

H&H - Hey I have some stuff I ain't using here, trade you it for a couple of those low FEP food you are making.

Economy Reflected by Skill levels in lower level characters
Runescape - There is no such thing happening.

H&H - Low level players evolve along side what they use and produce. Nothing is wasted and all items are moved around the world.

Economy Reflected by Skill levels in higher level characters.
Runescape - I am best at all skills, you can suck my ______

H&H - Here is some HQ Bars can you Make me a better Pick so I can mine faster.
Neyvn

Postby Potjeh » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:06 pm

I don't see why would a low quality sword be any more sellable in H&H than it is in Runescape.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Neyvn » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:10 pm

Chakravanti wrote:
I am not putting you down in any true way, if anything I am attempting to give you something to work on. You complain over and over again that you don't want the system to change but it should but do you suggest anything, no not really. You camp the thoughts of others just to start complaining that they are gonna change it to something that you don't want or just out right say that it will suck. You would find that the shoe is infact on the other foot to whom is really patronizing whom.

You don't read other thread then do you? both potjeh and I have made countless other (good and bad) suggestions.

I've had some of my threads refuted by the most insulting of critics (Jackard) and admitted when he right, argued when I didn't think so or tweaked my suggestion based on his criticism.

That's the system we have now.

don't fix it if it aint broken.
Oh and thinking inside a box, is just gonna leave you coming back to the same point. Not matter which way you turn you will hit a wall or you will see something you don't like, turn around and come back to the same point. Thinking outside removes all those walls and allows you to adapt...

Then stfu or adapt already. You're idea sucks. Deal with it. Fix it.

but it kinda needs to change...

WHY?

Heres a great Idea, mayhaps if you don't pick things apart and read and leave it as a whole there won't be unsaid things...

Neyvn wrote:I have been thinking of this idea for what an Hour max. I looked at what we have, said hey he wants to level up by doing but have a pool at the same time, isn't that what we have already, what about this. It makes use of his first idea, makes it so that you feel what you are doing is unique to what you are doing, no matter what path you take you will excel at one thing and grow at another when you want to do that and hey you have fun. Mean while you are saying if it ain't broke don't fix it, but it kinda needs to change...

If my ideas suck how much do yours mate. So far what have you said about LP gaining ideas.

Oh thats right you are too busy saying that they all suck...

I read all threads even the shit coming from Haters screaming for Delamores death and so forth. Yes there have been a few ideas that you make that are good, then there are bad ones. But hey lets look at the Ideas thread. Hmmm, 6 pages to find one that was started by you. Lets have a look. First one is you screaming at JnL to fuck realism cause you want faster wells then you say you are going to make a macro. Good for you. Second one is an Idea that has been mentioned before and shot down by yourself at one stage or another. The third is you demanding them to turn a new feature off and return it back to the way it was before. After that, Hey one that I like. Yeah we should return to the speed we were at before we picked up that item. Then its like another 10 pages till the next one and its just a simple request on something that is already there...

Yeah ok I know I myself don't make any suggestion. Mainly cause I write a wall of text and someone comes in, doesn't read the whole thing or picks it appart to find things that were never said by snipping a word away from the beginning or end. And would you look at that my thoughts on different types of fish happened. Hah would you look at that. No one ever noticed that turned into a flame at a guy saying that water qual should change...
Last edited by Neyvn on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neyvn

Postby Neyvn » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:16 pm

Potjeh wrote:I don't see why would a low quality sword be any more sellable in H&H than it is in Runescape.

Do I need to repeat the loop from a few pages back. A low qual weapon made in Runescape is something ever Tom Dick and Harry can make. IN H&H only those that go and mine/smith makes those weapons and as you develop yours skills those that use your weapons develop theirs then comes to you and are able to afford your better weapon...

Ugh this is why I don't make suggestions. One person picks it appart to something it was never spos to be, then the whole discussion goes no where fast...

Bugger it. Gonna go to bed and write up a new one tomorrow morning...
Neyvn

Postby Chakravanti » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:19 pm

I havent said jack shit because what is works.

Look, since YOU WONT FUCKING ANSWER the goddamn question: WHY

I will.

It needs to change because it is highly macroable. Funny thing is, the biggest problem in Runescape with their system of XP by doing isn't the bore/grind factor. It's the macroing that the bore grind factor causes.

The whole purpose of revamping the LP system is to make it less macroable. Jorb has said he wants to make the new LP system reflect the style of the FEP system.

Macro factor. You are more in the box than the current system. Go fucking play runescape. or Wow. Or whatever RPG you came from that you're trying to model H&H after. Devs won't buy it because while they do a few stupid things occasionally they're not this stupid.

Next idea you come up with should consider the macro factor.
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby niltrias » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:26 pm

Neyvn, Chakra, I think you are both good peeps who generally add a lot to the game. But in this case, you both need to chill out.
<Marcher Lord>
Dogs! Oh god, please give us DOGS!
There are those who press on with the ardor of beer, and those who are faint with thirst.
niltrias

Postby Chakravanti » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:31 pm

niltrias wrote: But in this case, you both need to chill out.

Probably. I've been up too late and my loathing for runescape is spilling over onto nevyn for sure.
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements