Game Development: Inventories.

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Inventories.

Postby Potjeh » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:35 pm

So only 50% of Toms, Dicks and Harrys will flood the market with thousands of crap swords they make just so they can make half-decent swords? Yeah, I guess that would prevent market saturation.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Neyvn » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Chakravanti wrote:I havent said jack shit because what is works.

Look, since YOU WONT FUCKING ANSWER the goddamn question: WHY

I will.

It needs to change because it is highly macroable. Funny thing is, the biggest problem in Runescape with their system of XP by doing isn't the bore/grind factor. It's the macroing that the bore grind factor causes.

The whole purpose of revamping the LP system is to make it less macroable. Jorb has said he wants to make the new LP system reflect the style of the FEP system.

Macro factor. You are more in the box than the current system. Go fucking play runescape. or Wow. Or whatever RPG you came from that you're trying to model H&H after. Devs won't buy it because while they do a few stupid things occasionally they're not this stupid.

Next idea you come up with should consider the macro factor.

Ok for starters. I have a cold, Its past midnight and right now I am not picking up on everything, So sorry didn't understand that you were actually asking a question. I feel that the reason that the LP system would need a change is cause for starters. This at the moment is a Jack Of Trades game, It is fucking going off the same thing as Runescape, WoW and other shitty MMOs. Think about it. ANYONE Can make ANYTHING if they want to. Look at Blaze, the bastard could Grow the highest level Crops spend a few Game Days killing bears while moving his slider. Go to a Mine mine High Quality Ore out of the walls, Smelt that then make a High quality Sword, Axe what ever. Sew the highest quality Bear Capes. Make High quality beer, food what ever and still be able to shift back and forth to what ever...

Take a look at runescape ANYONE who can put enough time into it like Blaze has here can do all that an more. I tried to get a friend to play it. He said why bother. I am play Runescape right now and it sounds so similar.

I don't Macro cause I never have understood it. I see no reason to play a game only to let some program that you downloaded off some site to do it for you. As you just said you can do that in Runescape...

By the way...

Put the Macro factor into consideration with my idea. My idea is simple its a Level by use. But it don't mean that you just dump the goods you make. Pick it apart like you do all the time. If you Macro Looms all the time, yes you can get a fuck ton of Levels in Carpentry, But what have you done. have you played the game. No. Have you built a wall around the village, have you built containers, cabins stuff. No. you macro a Loom and thats it. Boring. Make more shit elsewhere. I said before you build something that takes forever and uses a lot of shit, you get a lot of things, but build something that takes little time you get little LP, but do those small things over and over and you get the sameish amount as the big thing...

Besides if you macro, what have you done in the game. Built a couple of small things in large supply. Boring. Go cut down trees and plant more. Build higher level containers as you develop your skills, go make barrels and get your brewer to fill them full of beer that you sell for Iron or a sword for your hunters...

Those that macro don't play a game. They play the stats. With the game focused on growth of the player and its world. You don't play the stats at all. Look at the bigger picture. Look further out of the box I made. Compared to you who sits there screaming.
THATS SHIT THINK OF SOMETHING BETTER.

You think of something better. Work off other people and develop that idea further. You seem like you can do it. SO FUCKING DO IT ALREADY!!!

Stop complaining that I am a dumbass for not understanding you when all you fucking say is the same shit over and over again asking me about why this why that. Then not even listening to the answers not even developing them....

Ah fuck I rant when sleepy...

Also to note.
I don't play all that shit, I don't play Runescape, it bored me. I don't play WoW. It was the same as everything else...

I play games that no one has heard of, I play games that are outside the box and so old that you might never had heard of them. I play games that Potjeh plays like Dungeon Crawler (not that one exactly but you get what I mean right)...

The reason I play H&H is cause it says what it wants to be, it says what it is. And it says that it changing. I like to watch and grow with it. As should you. If JnL want to hear our thoughts and feelings on the game thats great. Perhaps some of us should be thinking of some ourselves instead of shooting down something that can be extended even further...
Neyvn

Postby Neyvn » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Potjeh wrote:So only 50% of Toms, Dicks and Harrys will flood the market with thousands of crap swords they make just so they can make half-decent swords? Yeah, I guess that would prevent market saturation.

No, those items would be moving around to new folks and old folks alike. I mean come on, if this game grows more so like WoW and player content had cause and effect like its planed to be. Then yes just like in the real world there will be shitty weapons. But hey maybe they will add Breaklevels and those swords break after a while or degrade and rust beyond repair. Then those Items disappear and new low levels come into play as new players develop their skills. Still come back to the fact that this game isn't even an eighth of its way through to what JnL want it to be...

Hey I did point out my thoughts on Item degrade and damage if you go back and look. Wasn't pointed out as much as I am now but hey that will be for tomorrow...
Neyvn

Postby Potjeh » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:45 pm

That would require swords to be single use items, or for swordsmen to outnumber smiths like a thousand to one.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Neyvn » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:50 pm

Potjeh wrote:That would require swords to be single use items, or for swordsmen to outnumber smiths like a thousand to one.

Well Hunting is one of the major sports right now. Besides, Swords wouldn't be the only thing produced. There is armour and shit like that. And no not single use they just break if not maintained or such. Like I said before Whetstones would be need to be used to sharpen a sword else it gets rusty and cracked and then the next time you strike at a bear/wall/person, the sword breaks. Just like a Misfired gun caused by poor maintenance. It comes down to this fact. If you don't maintain what you have you need to replace. If you have to replace you have to earn enough to get it. If you can't afford the best you get what you can. Till then you learn to maintain the current until you get better. Mean while you have smiths producing weapons and armour that keep getting better and new smiths that start at the bottom rung to cover those that can't afford the best...
Neyvn

Postby Potjeh » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:55 pm

You have 10 smiths producing 100 metal items a day. You have 100 other players, requiring 100 metal items a day. Two scenarios are possible:
1) Metal items break in a day. Buying anything with decent quality is a waste of money. Much better to buy food and raise stats, because that stays.
2) Metal items last reasonably long. The supply outpaces the demand. Nobody buys low quality stuff because high quality stuff becomes affordable, due to competition driving the prices down.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby sabinati » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:41 pm

why are you guys debating nevyn he's ignorant, long-winded, hot-headed and condescending
sabinati

Postby Potjeh » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:13 pm

I sometimes forget who the devs are and start fearing they'll listen to suggestions like that :oops:
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Chakravanti » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:56 pm

Potjeh wrote:I sometimes forget who the devs are and start fearing they'll listen to suggestions like that :oops:

Yeah, this.
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby Jackard » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:32 pm

sabinati wrote:why are you guys debating nevyn he's ignorant, long-winded, hot-headed and condescending

yea i wake up and there's three-four pages of some know-nothing asshole vomiting huge chunks of garbage
Jackard

Previous

Return to Announcements