Keeping you Posted, #0

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Keeping you Posted, #0

Postby jordancoles » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:50 pm

jorb wrote:I shall try to post every now and then to give you some insights into what we are doing.

Can't wait for the next picture in 2016!
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Potjeh » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:01 pm

loftar wrote:Why do you even feel a need to ask? :)

If you want rigorous planning, roadmaps, spreadsheets and time schedules, I suggest you seek out a Mr. John Carver. ^^

Well, I don't need anything quite as precise, just a ballpark estimate on how many features you think are needed, so I can guess if it's coming in 2015 or 2050. Let's just compare it to the original H&H, what stage of it's development do you need to match to release? IMHO world 2 + is good enough. And it's better to test new systems before you grow too attached to them so they can still be changed. One of Salem's big problems was that alchemy didn't turn out well and you had no idea what to do with it, but you wouldn't scrap it like JC did (which was a very sensible decision).
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Jomme » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:11 pm

Potjeh wrote:A little critique on graphics, because there's not much else I can criticize ;) The inventory borders are too busy, and the kilns pop out too much, almost as if they're photoshopped in.

Hm, really? I think they look nice, almost as if the edges are made of bone-material. The only thing I might think of would be a darker colour so it would fit the dark background better.
ITT: fags wearing dhelms calling fags wearing dhelms fags

grow balls and wear a bronze helm u fag
Jomme

Postby Potjeh » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:12 pm

Yeah, it's mostly the colour. Needs more yellow I think.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Darthjew » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:21 pm

Love the graphics, that's basically what Salem was supposed to look.
Darthjew

Postby loftar » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:25 pm

Jomme wrote:almost as if the edges are made of bone-material.

For the record, it's supposed to be wood, with loose shavings, which might explain the color. ;)

Jomme wrote:The only thing I might think of would be a darker colour so it would fit the dark background better.

While it would surely be a nice thing the have the UI colors match the current setting of the sun, I think we'll put that a tad further down on our list of priorities. ^^
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Jomme » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:29 pm

The UI looks nice, regardless, even for the unpolished fase of the game that it appears to be in. Naturally it's a smaller priority than say, core game mechanics. But like Potjeh also said there's little to critisize, as everything is pretty cool and neat right now I think. :lol:
ITT: fags wearing dhelms calling fags wearing dhelms fags

grow balls and wear a bronze helm u fag
Jomme

Postby jorb » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:48 pm

Potjeh wrote:so I can guess if it's coming in 2015 or 2050. Let's just compare it to the original H&H, what stage of it's development do you need to match to release?

We got players for the original Haven in May-ish 2k9. I'd say we are -- give or take -- about where we were in fall 2k8. IIRC we implemented combat around November-December, and we seem roughly poised to do a repeat of that.

Leaving an opening here for loftar and the commit history to correct me. :)
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Potjeh » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:55 pm

Would the equivalent of May 2k9 be good enough for release? IIRC the game was pretty bare bones back then, but I still think you should put it out ASAP to get player feedback.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Tonkyhonk » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:17 pm

i just want you to let us have an option for a stable camera so i dont get sick just trying it or resort to custom clients :)
for everything else, ill just wait and see what you got that you two want to show us for a start.
Tonkyhonk

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements