Keeping you Posted, #0

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Keeping you Posted, #0

Postby Avulsio » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:21 am

Dyes are a marvelous idea! It helps us distinguish 2 sides in a battle. Keep it for end-game high tech stuff though :)

Pixel crack!
Avulsio

Postby longfeather » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:14 am

Avulsio wrote:Dyes are a marvelous idea! It helps us distinguish 2 sides in a battle. Keep it for end-game high tech stuff though :)

Pixel crack!

It's likely been suggested before in one form or another, but say you have a village, to be able to make a tabard or some sort of clothing item to distinguish your villagers from others, something other than a little red mark next to the name, would be cool.
longfeather

Postby Lambsauce » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:18 am

loftar wrote:We've long wanted gemstones, so I wouldn't exclude it. :)

Oh good, I wanted my husband to propose to me with a Ring of Brodgar in game and he dropped the ball so plz make a useless craftable gemstone ring and name it "Shame of Sevenless" TIA :lol:
I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of ass
Lambsauce

Postby banok » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:42 pm

loftar wrote:The basic criterion is "whatever inspires Jorb to model a stockpile". ;)

So is jorb doing all the new artwork including models/textures/animations? curious because I thought salems were outsourced with paradox moneys.

If so wow. hes come along way.
banok

Postby Kaios » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:03 pm

banok wrote:So is jorb doing all the new artwork including models/textures/animations? curious because I thought salems were outsourced with paradox moneys.

He did the graphics for salem as well. I'm not certain he did 100% of them while they were working with Paradox, but as far as I know he did most.
Kaios

Postby Tonkyhonk » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:25 pm

Kaios wrote:
banok wrote:So is jorb doing all the new artwork including models/textures/animations? curious because I thought salems were outsourced with paradox moneys.

He did the graphics for salem as well. I'm not certain he did 100% of them while they were working with Paradox, but as far as I know he did most.

iirc, jorb did the original art work but this indian company paradox outsourced changed them or "modified" them to look "professional" *cough cough* or whatever, losing all the charm. the original female characters never had scary michael jackson faces before as some of you might remember from the buried screenshots on the first announcing thread.
i remember seeing the comparison of the original item icons and those outsourced and changed ones once at some point. dont have the link any more though. i doubt devs would have outsourced the art work if paradox didnt insist.
Tonkyhonk

Postby loftar » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:34 pm

Kaios wrote:He did the graphics for salem as well.

Nah, the graphics for Salem are almost entirely outsourced, excepting pretty much only items that were added after Paradox left it. Later things were made by Paradox in-house artists rather than purely outsourced, but still not by Jorb (and from Jorb's and my viewpoint, there wasn't an enormous difference between that and pure outsourcing, since we didn't have the artist in the same room or anything; it was better, but not monumentally so).

Tonkyhonk wrote:i doubt devs would have outsourced the art work if paradox didnt insist.

While this is certainly true, it should be said in fairness that I think Paradox also viewed the outsourcing of art as an experiment to evaluate the process for their own sakes as well, and I think their conclusions of it matched ours, since they switched to an in-house artist. :)

Tonkyhonk wrote:the original female characters

"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Sarge » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:01 pm

TeckXKnight wrote:
ravenguard19 wrote:Clothing dyes? Really? it's a survival game not a frickin' the sims sequel.

The social aspect is also important. The ability to hide ourselves as newbies or imply that we're from a certain faction already happen in the game, giving people the ability to create a visual cue for that isn't terrible. Survival is more than hunting boars. =)

Also, potential scope for dev pizza mani and a sock to accompany Loftar's one that's probably still lying on the server since W2.
factnfiction101 wrote:^I agree with this guy.
Sarge

Postby loftar » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:07 pm

I'll have you know that was Jorb's sock. I don't leave socks lying around. ^^
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby banok » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:52 pm

Still managed to not actually confirm that jorb is doing the artwork and has become mircacously good at it. But I'll assume its a yes and not another dodge at my question.

God dammit the o's in the typeface make me feel dizzy. (control scroll up a bit to reproduce...)
banok

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements