Keeping you Posted, #1

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Keeping you Posted, #1

Postby Xcom » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:26 pm

That was quite an interesting solution. It might be difficult to implement but if stamina drain had a semi memorizing task list. Like an list of exact tasks that drained the stamina x amounts. A few selective tasks that are prone to being easy to bot could then give hunger drain penalty if they were repeated over a period of time. Obviously it would need to be very specific tasks and only last for an hour or so so you couldn't just drain hunger 5-6 times then be immune to hunger loss for the rest of the week. Clearly not all tasks would be on that list either, only the ones that are easier to bot.
Xcom

Postby Brás » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:15 am

@TeckXKnight

Necroliter's traps suggestion looks good, better than the current auto-damage system anyway. The pet idea isn't bad either if it warns you only if you're nearby - xcom's client does that already anyhow.
Brás

Postby TeckXKnight » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:33 am

The 1 hhp damage isn't actually meant to be a defense or a raiding deterrent. For the most part it's a way to prevent DDoSing the server until Hafen is ready to go.
TeckXKnight

Postby vatas » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:29 am

TeckXKnight wrote:The 1 hhp damage isn't actually meant to be a defense or a raiding deterrent. For the most part it's a way to prevent DDoSing the server until Hafen is ready to go.

You could also mask theft scents by spamming trespassing scents over them.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby overtyped » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:05 am

vatas wrote:
TeckXKnight wrote:The 1 hhp damage isn't actually meant to be a defense or a raiding deterrent. For the most part it's a way to prevent DDoSing the server until Hafen is ready to go.

Plox stop giving away secretz
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby vatas » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:26 pm

overtyped wrote:
vatas wrote:

Plox stop giving away secretz

Information wants to be free!
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Cajoes » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:40 pm

Personally I'd like to see more uses and mechanics for cattle. Like grazing pastures. Or plow hitching. And other stamina saving beasts of burden labor to put us cottars and carls above the cattle-less plebs*.

*stick farmers.**
**Stick farming is when you use a sharpened stick to make simple holes in the ground to plant your crops, rather than plowing whole fields into furrows. As you can imagine this was very labor intensive and inefficient, but is a practise still used to this very day in less industrialized countries.
Cajoes

Postby LadyV » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:37 pm

I just realized those rope ladders look nicer. Does this mean we need more rope? :) And the trolls are a nice change.
LadyV

Postby kitsune121x » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:47 pm

can we still build houses underground one of my favorite features in this game ;3
I hope you're not planning me use the stupid gluttony system
I love the current system of farming but I can understand plowing fields to lower your stamina to drink water to make your character hungry so you can eat more food needs to be fixed
the gluttony system in salem a super terrible idea here's a better idea character mileage the further they walk eventually will get hungry game productive activities other words not tied to stamina
kitsune121x

Postby Massa » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:51 pm

kitsune121x wrote:can we still build houses underground one of my favorite features in this game ;3
I hope you're not planning me use the stupid gluttony system
I love the current system of farming but I can understand plowing fields to lower your stamina to drink water to make your character hungry so you can eat more food needs to be fixed
the gluttony system in salem a super terrible idea here's a better idea character mileage the further they walk eventually will get hungry game productive activities other words not tied to stamina

I believe many of those things have been adressed by JLO, and further more have been argued and and run into the ground by countless people, the most prominent one being Kaios.
This isn't the place to put critique and ideas, they're making an entire new game and I quite honestly don't think they'll even read your post.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements