Keeping you Posted, #1

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Keeping you Posted, #1

Postby Tonkyhonk » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:58 am

woot, can we finally pave the mined floor?!
Tonkyhonk

Postby APXEOLOG » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:19 am

jorb wrote:longstanding fuel bug with ovens in general no longer exists. .

No bug? Wut? So how i will abuse now?
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby DPblH » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:21 am

Dat trolls!
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Postby vatas » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:06 am

DPblH wrote:Dat trolls!

I know that guy but that image still gives me the creeps. Remember not to blink.

My opinion in this matter is that pickaxe should always be better mining tool than stone axe regardless of quality. Have you considered implementing additional metal tools like axes for faster chopping? I have suggested metal tools for actions like skin, butcher and shear implemented in a way that tools derives scores for these actions from their quality like armor derives its armor class, hit points and agility penalty. Stone axe could do everything it does now but would derive pretty bad score for everything even at higher levels while even low-quality steel knife could be used to skin bear without softcap.

Edit: correted at least 6 typos, also I understand that coding stuff is not easy but like I said armors kind of use that system already.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Ozzy123 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:31 pm

wow man this game is so awfull it looks like shit
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby vatas » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:18 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:wow man this game is so awfull it looks like shit

The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby GrapefruitV » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:04 pm

you look like shit
GrapefruitV

Postby Cajoes » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:16 pm

DPblH wrote:Dat trolls!

That troll is a hulked out Goron ya goob.
Cajoes

Postby Xcom » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:45 pm

loftar wrote:
jordancoles wrote:It might be cool to tie in the burning to help with mining harder metals, but I wouldn't say that you should make it the norm for all types of mining

That was pretty much the idea.

jordancoles wrote:Will mining be "instanced" in that your mine is yours alone or will all levels be connected to one another like in haven?

Naturally, we will keep the caves/levels system. If anything, it would just be fun if we could think of a way to expand on it further. But it's not like that's the first thing we have to do anyway.

As I understand this it means we can no longer effect the speed of mining at all?
Its one of unique features in haven where you can actually influence the speed of operation in the long term. An incentive of not forcing alting. I really hoped the game would go in the way of more stats giving faster operations or Im just not reading it right.
Xcom

Postby chocolaterain » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:25 pm

hahahhaa :P :P xD xD :D :D :twisted: :twisted:
what a b e a u t i f u l duwang
chocolaterain

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements