Keeping you Posted, #1

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Keeping you Posted, #1

Postby overtyped » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:40 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:wow man this game is so awfull it looks like shit

Bob Dole
no
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:03 pm

LadyV wrote:As for fixing the fuel bug thats fine. But as a fun mechanic its not so. Having to clear cut the land or raise a significant amount of quality trees is more time consuming and tedious. Add coal, animal/plant oils, and feces as additional fuel sources.

Agree. Adding coal would be great, but could you grind up the Q of it like you can charcoal? (In theory, yes... the idea is to turn the coal into coke, which is near pure carbon and burns better, but that may be a more advanced tech than what the game represents.) However, animal and plant based fuels don't burn hot enough to smelt metals... maybe to heat soft metals to forge, but not iron or steel. (They could be used as fuel for ovens and such, though.) Not sure I want to go picking up "cow chips" from the field in addition to my other duties every day on the farm, though. Game can turn into enough of a job as it is.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby slipper » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:46 pm

2d portraits or dropped
slipper

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:35 pm

loftar wrote:
jordancoles wrote:The fires against the walls thing was sort of cool at first but it's really not that fun to wait an hour to mine out 2 layers of a wall

For now, we are not doing this, but idk; I didn't hate that mechanic of Salem. We're considering doing something like halving the hardness of a certain tile if it is fired.

I like this a like a lot. Primitive mining worked exactly like this and I <3 it.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby eliminoid » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:48 pm

gibe alpha plos

also MOAR
Hi
eliminoid

Postby loftar » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:32 pm

MagicManICT wrote:However, animal and plant based fuels don't burn hot enough to smelt metals...

More importantly, coal is specifically necessary for causing the chemical reaction which separates the metal from the other mineral components. ;)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Ozzy123 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:36 pm

GrapefruitV wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:wow man this game is so awfull it looks like shit

you look like shit

tree looks more trolly than troll
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby LadyV » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:47 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
LadyV wrote:As for fixing the fuel bug thats fine. But as a fun mechanic its not so. Having to clear cut the land or raise a significant amount of quality trees is more time consuming and tedious. Add coal, animal/plant oils, and feces as additional fuel sources.

Agree. Adding coal would be great, but could you grind up the Q of it like you can charcoal? (In theory, yes... the idea is to turn the coal into coke, which is near pure carbon and burns better, but that may be a more advanced tech than what the game represents.) However, animal and plant based fuels don't burn hot enough to smelt metals... maybe to heat soft metals to forge, but not iron or steel. (They could be used as fuel for ovens and such, though.) Not sure I want to go picking up "cow chips" from the field in addition to my other duties every day on the farm, though. Game can turn into enough of a job as it is.

For metals yes. It can not achieve the temperatures needed. However Jorb said the fuel bug no longer exists in any form so that covers kilns and ovens and such. So there are uses for it. Yes I do agree it seems odd collecting manure for fuel by todays standards but it was a common fuel. :)
LadyV

Postby loftar » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:54 pm

LadyV wrote:collecting manure for fuel

POOP TIERS!
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby RubyRed » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:21 pm

I am loving what I am seeing. I hope I get to see more previews. Once I get into it, ya then ill be suggesting stuff. No point in trying to improve on ideas running threw my head, when I hgave no clew how things work.
RubyRed

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements