Keeping you Posted, #1

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Keeping you Posted, #1

Postby Gray » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:30 pm

loftar wrote:When it comes to food decay, I think we're going to at least experiment a bit with it, and see if it can be done in a fun way. I would like to think that it can be done by being selective enough. For instance, I do think there is a reasonable category of "fresh foods", like newly-roasted meat or stuff like that, that could and should decay in a meaningful manner (so that they can constitute a category of more "exclusive foods" that can't be stockpiled), while there should also exist states of food that are far more steady. Dried/pickled/salted stuff are obvious examples thereof. As for stuff in between, I'm guessing we'll gravitate towards steady states so as to try and avoid meaningless and boring grind. We'll tread cautiously and see how it turns out.

If you do food decay and fep rebalancing right you can buff/debuff certain playstyles.
For example when I played alone I never had my own camp and just wandered and lived of my own inventory.
Buffing the fep values of foods that spoil fast will mean that players that have an uninterrupted play session of 3h will be in more equal footing to the players that play all day but login for 5minutes to do the quick camp maintenance.
Gray

Postby Kaios » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:37 pm

Gray wrote:Buffing the fep values of foods that spoil fast will mean that players that have an uninterrupted play session of 3h will be in more equal footing to the players that play all day but login for 5minutes to do the quick camp maintenance.

I like the sound of that very much
Kaios

Postby Scilly_guy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:09 pm

If there was also bonuses from fresh baked food, that would benefit players who regularly bake smaller batches over big towns who mass produce.

Edit:
So a hot pie is the best
Pie is normal
And stale pie has a debuff
Scilly_guy

Postby MrGemini » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:46 am

Dat nice Trollz! ¦]

User was warned for this post.
Greetings, Gemini & Tinkababe

jorb wrote:Given your obvious merits I'm not convinced that that's a loss, but... you would be more helpful if you stated what it is you dislike about this, and why. I can't do much with "QQstopkillinggaembye".
MrGemini

Postby Schro » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:41 am

@jorb, loftar
Those screens and a few fancy words about your plans taped for kickstarter/indiegogo would drown you in money. just sayin.
Behold the power of ADHD and autism combined.(fml)
Schro

Postby popfor » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:09 pm

If they want to white knight it thats great. Don't know why youre concerned about their income to that degree. Jealous? :V
Image Image
my avatar is stolen without permission
#badboysclub
popfor

Location: E̹̙̺̬̖͈̘̭̙̘̔̈́̍͆͌̋̊̈́̀̎d̡̨̺̠̠̜̲̹͕̯̑̀͂͂̈̇̿̏͝͝g̨̙̻̼͎͖̱͔̗͙̐̅̇͗̈́̔͛̌̌͠ŷ͔̼͓̺̮̪̫̙̬̐͊̀́̊͆͝͝͝ͅ

Postby painhertz » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:48 pm

And why necro this old assed post?
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby jtpitner » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:06 pm

OMG... Cant wait.. The trolls look great... I also saw some people talking about food decay again and just wanted to say really excited about that as well.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
jtpitner

Postby popfor » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:22 pm

Is it considered an necro if it's the second thread in the subforum
Image Image
my avatar is stolen without permission
#badboysclub
popfor

Location: E̹̙̺̬̖͈̘̭̙̘̔̈́̍͆͌̋̊̈́̀̎d̡̨̺̠̠̜̲̹͕̯̑̀͂͂̈̇̿̏͝͝g̨̙̻̼͎͖̱͔̗͙̐̅̇͗̈́̔͛̌̌͠ŷ͔̼͓̺̮̪̫̙̬̐͊̀́̊͆͝͝͝ͅ

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:04 am

popfor wrote:Is it considered an necro if it's the second thread in the subforum

A necro is just a post in an old thread that contributes nothing. Posting in an old thread with new content or important content is not a necro. Even if a post is on top of a forum, such as a sticky, adding a "+1" or "me too" to it can be considered necroing.
TeckXKnight

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements