Keeping you Posted, #1

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Keeping you Posted, #1

Postby vatas » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:32 pm

dariun wrote:I'd love to see minecarts introduced....possibly coal powered ones to transport ore/materials and for underground transport.

Steam engine is beyond hearthling technology to say the least. Well technically you could make one with high-grade steel and ancient Greeks kind of had components like pistons figured out (you can Google "Heron's steam engine") but I doubt anything steam powered is ever implemented in the game.

Currently you can just build hearthling-pullable cart in cave or mine and use it. Not sure if there would be incentive to build mine carts, I imagine tracks would consume lots of metal you could use for other purposes. In real life you needed minecarts not just to move ore out of the mine, but all the tailing rock you can just leave on the floor to despawn in Haven.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby HarryDresden » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:55 pm

vatas wrote:
dariun wrote:I'd love to see minecarts introduced....possibly coal powered ones to transport ore/materials and for underground transport.

Steam engine is beyond hearthling technology to say the least. Well technically you could make one with high-grade steel and ancient Greeks kind of had components like pistons figured out (you can Google "Heron's steam engine") but I doubt anything steam powered is ever implemented in the game.

Currently you can just build hearthling-pullable cart in cave or mine and use it. Not sure if there would be incentive to build mine carts, I imagine tracks would consume lots of metal you could use for other purposes. In real life you needed minecarts not just to move ore out of the mine, but all the tailing rock you can just leave on the floor to despawn in Haven.

I wonder, since Milestones are being reworked to be the fast travel, are they going to be usable by people pulling carts and wagons? If that's the case, you've practically got a Minecart there, a much faster way to travel, to be sure, and it makes roads an important thing to have, control, and maintain.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby Oddity » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:13 am

HarryDresden wrote:
vatas wrote:

I wonder, since Milestones are being reworked to be the fast travel, are they going to be usable by people pulling carts and wagons? If that's the case, you've practically got a Minecart there, a much faster way to travel, to be sure, and it makes roads an important thing to have, control, and maintain.

Let's hope so =^_^=
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby mvgulik » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:24 am

borka wrote:Image

One of those confirmed Res-files that's known to be NOT in my collection. :(
mvgulik

Postby borka » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:41 am

i never found it as a res - prolly dev only ;)
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Oddity » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:59 pm

mvgulik wrote:
borka wrote:Image

One of those confirmed Res-files that's known to be NOT in my collection. :(

I didn't know that there were any :o
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby krikke93 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:46 pm

mvgulik wrote:One of those confirmed Res-files that's known to be NOT in my collection. :(

*out of curiosity starts looking into res folder*

Image Image Image

Were these old mining entrances of some sort? Were these used ingame?
If so, how did they work? Because I can see one having no entrance (possibly found like that in nature), where you'd have to build an entrance on?
Join in on the most epic GIF thread ever.
Note: you HAVE to post a GIF
krikke93

Postby sabinati » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:54 am

krikke93 wrote:
mvgulik wrote:One of those confirmed Res-files that's known to be NOT in my collection. :(

*out of curiosity starts looking into res folder*

Image Image Image

Were these old mining entrances of some sort? Were these used ingame?
If so, how did they work? Because I can see one having no entrance (possibly found like that in nature), where you'd have to build an entrance on?

yes. no.
sabinati

Postby mvgulik » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:26 am

Oddity wrote:

I didn't know that there were any :o

Technically ... there are none. As there is no proof there actually available in the online game-res collection. :P

I know I tried ... [dragon, drekar, faering, galley, karves, knarr, knorr, langskip, long]
mvgulik

Previous

Return to Announcements