Keeping you Posted, #2

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Keeping you Posted, #2

Postby Saxony4 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:33 am

looks baller as fuck, can't wait to throw dead hearthlings into a compost heap and label my piss barrel
loftar wrote:git da mony
Saxony4

Postby shaner228 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:20 am

jorb wrote:My personal satisfaction in desiring to make and have a trash heap. :)

For some reason I share jorbs desire of being able to make and have a trash heap, even if it serves no purpose.
shaner228

Postby LadyV » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:52 pm

shaner228 wrote:
jorb wrote:My personal satisfaction in desiring to make and have a trash heap. :)

For some reason I share jorbs desire of being able to make and have a trash heap, even if it serves no purpose.

I like the idea as well. :) Now if we only had compost piles. lol
LadyV

Postby Sarge » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:35 pm

Potjeh wrote:Holy shit, is that contents labels on barrels?

I am fucking overwhelmed with joy.

sabinati wrote:jk, tfw no gf

I got your back bro, you can use my sister... when I'm done.

LadyV wrote:
shaner228 wrote:

I like the idea as well. :) Now if we only had compost piles. lol

My 1st inclination is "please fuck no", but I don't know where exactly you guys are goin with it beyond aesthetics, so I'll reserve judgement for a bit. Just don't pita farming, 'tis all.

Peecha:
- Bottom centre is bone pile? Cow got butchered... something/what it are? If butcher bone pile, a touch messy, unless it got butchered with a catapult.
- Apple tree. Sorry Jorb, compliments coming I promise, but that tree's fucked up. :/
- Tobacco - epic. Used to grow them on the farm, you got the colours and texture spot on.
- LC's like a mother fucker
- Flax stunning
- Kiln too bright. Overkill illumination? Treat us with the complete sprite on a 5x5 stone paving perhaps?
- If that's the metal plow we know, it looks too flimsy. Hand plows are fuck sturdy mate.
- I'm assuming there's a fire burning just off screen near the barrels that make them look too light compared to the flawless LC's

Top effort though, no doubt.

P.S. Loftar, nice work with the implementation too, just so Jorb doesn't steal all the credit :P Just don't forget to implement Killface's toolbelt he begged you guys for in 2009 I think, there will be tears and blood and tears... many, and pain.
factnfiction101 wrote:^I agree with this guy.
Sarge

Postby Gray » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:42 pm

Its great to see those screenshots, good work. Also a question.
What about height of terrain in the underground levels?
In my opinion it should consist of only 1 underground level with height so you could make up/downwards tunnels crisscrossing etc (minecraft cave madness like)
But I honestly cant imagine how you could code that, what resources it would pull server-wise, how the minesuports would work or how you even adapt the camera for that.
Gray

Postby Nerzaider » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:42 pm

Looks amazing, but klin does not fit into the environment, at least need pave it
When we can test alpha? ;)
Nerzaider

Postby kaizokuroof » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:50 am

I love you guys, don't get me wrong, but it looks like ballsacks, horrible art style. I can understand wanting to move away from 2D and sprites, because of the work required, but the 3D modles are bad and given that your using the salem client, I can only assume it's going to play like salem, and therefore be shit.

I hope you prove me wrong, and I'm sure I'll still play it regardless, you guys are bounds ahead of any other game in this genre, but I wish you'd stick to your beautiful pixel art ^^

Also hills are fucking bad

/Opinion

Hope to see more updates soon I guess.
I had a retardedly huge signature and have gotten this embarrassing replacement to show for it.
kaizokuroof

Postby spavaloo » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:48 am

Xcom wrote:: O
Beehives made it, and its tile based! So guuud!

But I have a very important question to ask. Will there be tomatos?

It's difficult to tell if you're joking or not.
Go to space
spavaloo

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:07 am

kaizokuroof wrote:I love you guys, don't get me wrong, but it looks like ballsacks, horrible art style. I can understand wanting to move away from 2D and sprites, because of the work required, but the 3D modles are bad and given that your using the salem client, I can only assume it's going to play like salem, and therefore be shit.

I hope you prove me wrong, and I'm sure I'll still play it regardless, you guys are bounds ahead of any other game in this genre, but I wish you'd stick to your beautiful pixel art ^^

Also hills are fucking bad

/Opinion

Hope to see more updates soon I guess.

Oh Kaizo, you so good at being wrong. And there is so much wrong in this opinion.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Seizure » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:39 pm

So, this is Haven & Hearth attempt 3 then?
Seizure

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements