Game Development: Inventory work.

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Inventory work.

Postby Jfloyd » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:40 am

Well, I'm moving them for good measure.
"When I grow up, I want to be just like Kaka" -James Floyd, on growing up.
Jfloyd

Postby Jackard » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:59 am

irritating that you would change the black tiles after making cupboards immobile. shows a lack of planning
Last edited by Jackard on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jackard

Postby CG62 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:00 am

I nearly pissed myself when I saw that about the cupboards in black space.

LUCKILY, my stuff is still there, so a bit of creative inventory management and they're now out of the void.

ALSO: Animal domestication soon?

As an aside, has anyone been near/on my claim recently? For some reason, my Altar/shrine/worship-station was outside, outside of my claim on the forest floor. Nothing else had been tampered with (well, there is a slight possibility of a whole row of fish being missing from one of my cupboards but that's no major loss). I'd look into it myself, but I'm conserving LP for claim expansion and raising farming/UA.
CG62

Postby RaptorJedi » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:04 am

On the subject of animal domestication (but NOT about when it will be added), will animal domestication be like silk making and farming, where it's not really for people with industry. And if so, are there any near future plans (within the next month or so) to make industry more appealing to players than just letting them have better luck with getting bars?
<Megagun> FOx
RaptorJedi

Postby loftar » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:26 am

Jackard wrote:irritating that you would change the black tiles after making cupboards immobile. shows a lack of planning

Well, truth be told, they don't actually decay on black tiles, so you don't really have to worry about moving them around if they're already there, but, see, there is one of the reasons we call this an "alpha". ;) Having to plan too carefully in advance makes development less fun, and there's still so much to be done.

Actually, I've been starting to feel lately that we're, at least "kind of", entering a new phase of development (not to be confused with a "beta"). After all, most of the time spent developing so far has been mostly core systems and such, and while, for sure, there's still quite a bit left on those things, I think we're starting to get to the point where we can actually start implementing a game on top of the engine. (And I think that explains pretty well why, while people are obviously playing the game as it is now, Jorb and I still consider it an "early alpha" -- for us, it's still more of a bare engine rather than the actual game we're hoping to be able to build with it.)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Jackard » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:29 am

I'm leaving theft scents in my own cabin when I pick things off the floor.
Jackard

Postby bajuba » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:42 am

Jackard wrote:I'm leaving theft scents in my own cabin when I pick things off the floor.

bug, or pure skill?
Was Lawspeaker of Macomb in W2.
bajuba

Postby Lightning4 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:46 am

Jackard wrote:I'm leaving theft scents in my own cabin when I pick things off the floor.

Apparently it's not even limited to claims. I'm leaving theft clues in open land.
Lightning4

Postby loftar » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:56 am

Oops, a li'l typo there, yes. Thanks for telling me. I wouldn't have discovered that anytime soon.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Potjeh » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:24 am

OK, so the definitive answer is that nothing bad will happen to stuff that is already on the black tiles?
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements