Release Date Trailer: Eternal Alpha, Aug. 21st 2015

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Release Date Trailer: Eternal Alpha, Aug. 21st 2015

Postby loftar » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:11 am

Zodiac215 wrote:so, without hearth secret i also wont be able to party my friends when we spawn to know their location?

Well, we haven't really decided on the exact mechanics; it's quite possible that hearth secrets per se will remain so that you can kin and possibly also form a party with people, but in the case of the latter, there will at least not be any long-distance party arrows.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby rye130 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:16 am

loftar wrote:
Zodiac215 wrote:so, without hearth secret i also wont be able to party my friends when we spawn to know their location?

Well, we haven't really decided on the exact mechanics; it's quite possible that hearth secrets per se will remain so that you can kin and possibly also form a party with people, but in the case of the latter, there will at least not be any long-distance party arrows.

So its your intention to make the early game a massive, arbitrary fucking headache for players?
rye130

Postby overtyped » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:29 am

rye130 wrote:
loftar wrote:

So its your intention to make the early game a massive, arbitrary fucking headache for players?

yes, get with the program already.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby Tonkyhonk » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:43 am

loftar wrote:Well, we haven't really decided on the exact mechanics; it's quite possible that hearth secrets per se will remain so that you can kin and possibly also form a party with people, but in the case of the latter, there will at least not be any long-distance party arrows.

what i think you once said is trying to remove the player's intention/desire of abuses (instead of policing around, punishing abusers), but the way you are currently announcing things is only encouraging certain players to abuse your system somehow to let them play how they want, instead of encouraging them to try the new system. trying to force players to play your way would only open the door to the abuses you would hate, im afraid.

how about making 2 servers, 1 normal server for individuals, another server for group players who feel they have to start with friends?
Tonkyhonk

Postby overtyped » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:00 am

Tonkyhonk wrote:how about making 2 servers, 1 normal server for individuals, another server for group players who feel they have to start with friends?

That won't happen.
and FYI Jorb and Loftar made this game to produce unlimited tears, why would you want to destroy that, just when they found a mechanic that is the most aggravating yet?
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby Tonkyhonk » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:06 am

overtyped wrote:and FYI Jorb and Loftar made this game to produce unlimited tears, why would you want to destroy that, just when they found a mechanic that is the most aggravating yet?

so that some players can actually try out the new system and see the gist of it. devs could still enjoy the tears.
Tonkyhonk

Postby loftar » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:41 am

Tonkyhonk wrote:the way you are currently announcing things is only encouraging certain players to abuse your system somehow to let them play how they want, instead of encouraging them to try the new system

Well, I wouldn't really consider it "abuse" to use various ways and means to find one's way to a desired place. The intention of this mechanic is more simply to associate a certain cost with it.
loftar

Postby Tonkyhonk » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:44 am

loftar wrote:Well, I wouldn't really consider it "abuse" to use various ways and means to find one's way to a desired place. The intention of this mechanic is more simply to associate a certain cost with it.

what is your point of removing the party arrows for long distance, then?
Tonkyhonk

Postby loftar » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:08 am

Tonkyhonk wrote:what is your point of removing the party arrows for long distance, then?

To make it more difficult to find one's way to predetermined places, of course. I don't think this contradicts what I just said. :)
loftar

Postby Astarisk » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:23 am

loftar wrote:
Tonkyhonk wrote:what is your point of removing the party arrows for long distance, then?

To make it more difficult to find one's way to predetermined places, of course. I don't think this contradicts what I just said. :)

This will last for what? 1 week, 2 weeks? Before players decide to make some changes themselves with a few modifications? :geek:
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements