Release Date Trailer: Eternal Alpha, Aug. 21st 2015

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Release Date Trailer: Eternal Alpha, Aug. 21st 2015

Postby Baldarich » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:38 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:Unique my ass, there's no point keeping the sliders somewhere in the middle, so farmers will go full nature and industrialists will go full industry, forcing you to make alts.
Regarding combat it's in 99% situations full peace/change while building the character, and full tradition/martial while fighting, not to mention the fact in a permadeath game dying makes your combat character much stronger.
It's a bullshit mechanic and needs to go, it doesn't make anything more unique.

Dude calm down. xD
Last edited by Baldarich on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teleskop wrote:if the chance to win a lottery is 1 to 1 000 000 it doesnt mean im any closer to winning after buying 1 000 000 tickets
Baldarich

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:43 pm

Baldarich wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:]Unique my ass, there's no point keeping the sliders somewhere in the middle, so farmers will go full nature and industrialists will go full industry, forcing you to make alts.
Regarding combat it's in 99% situations full peace/change while building the character, and full tradition/martial while fighting, not to mention the fact in a permadeath game dying makes your combat character much stronger.

Dude calm down. xD

Xdddddd
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby MusicWarrior » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:32 pm

Yeah, kinda suck when u want to be both, blacksmith and farmer, it encourages people to make alts or, which is quite nice, to gather into village. It makes you more unique, like when u regenerate faster during night and everyone else regenerate faster during day. I like the idea of personal beliefes, but I'm totally ok with deleting it.
jorb wrote:We value our customers greatly.

jorb wrote:Kindly fuck off.

Have a good day. :)
MusicWarrior

Postby Baldarich » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:54 pm

Im still curious if there will be video options to lower graphics quality.
Teleskop wrote:if the chance to win a lottery is 1 to 1 000 000 it doesnt mean im any closer to winning after buying 1 000 000 tickets
Baldarich

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:04 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:It's a bullshit mechanic and needs to go, it doesn't make anything more unique.

Odd, I always found this aspect of the game interesting.. Though perhaps not as implemented... Points may have been made.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Jackard » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:37 pm

MusicWarrior wrote:they add some realism to the game and allows you to make your character more unique. I didn't know that people hate them

not really

been covered in depth elsewhere but basically it is a shallow, unbalanced mechanic with cookie cutter results
Jackard

Postby MusicWarrior » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:14 pm

Jackard wrote:
MusicWarrior wrote:they add some realism to the game and allows you to make your character more unique. I didn't know that people hate them

not really

been covered in depth elsewhere but basically it is a shallow, unbalanced mechanic with cookie cutter results

If any1 could link me a thread when it was covered in depth I would be grateful, I'm just curious.
jorb wrote:We value our customers greatly.

jorb wrote:Kindly fuck off.

Have a good day. :)
MusicWarrior

Postby Jackard » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:46 am

If it was so easy to find I would have already linked it.
Jackard

Postby Denkar » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:48 am

NOOBY93 wrote:
MusicWarrior wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:Because they're a pointless shitty mechanic

Pointless? hmm, I kinda like them, they add some realism to the game and allows you to make your character more unique. I didn't know that people hate them

Unique my ass, there's no point keeping the sliders somewhere in the middle, so farmers will go full nature and industrialists will go full industry, forcing you to make alts.

I agree. I wish it wasn't the case, but in its current iteration, it is a pointless stupid mechanic, because of the reasons you mentioned.

Personal beliefs could work, if they were small changes that actually made your character unique instead of just everyone using the same sliders while also forcing you to use alts if you're a hermit (because of the bonuses being so huge that they're practically a necessity). None of that 3x LP so everyone progresses super fast and then only 25% loss when you die.

Personally I also think they should be permanent (or at least take a much, MUCH longer time to revert), but I'm not sure if many people will agree with me on that.
Denkar

Postby Bob_the_Cat » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:41 am

I like personal beliefs in concept, but the Tradition change is just bad. I'm useto games that you can only fit certain skills on one character, so to me having a miner that cant farm is ok. This is obviously bad for alt spam though, so I'm fine with no beliefs.

Honestly though, just because I can fit farming and mining on one character doesnt mean I would. I'd rather have it one two so that when a rock kills me or somethign stupid I dont loose my farming :p
Bob_the_Cat

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements