Release Date Trailer: Eternal Alpha, Aug. 21st 2015

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Release Date Trailer: Eternal Alpha, Aug. 21st 2015

Postby Astarisk » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:23 am

loftar wrote:
Tonkyhonk wrote:what is your point of removing the party arrows for long distance, then?

To make it more difficult to find one's way to predetermined places, of course. I don't think this contradicts what I just said. :)

This will last for what? 1 week, 2 weeks? Before players decide to make some changes themselves with a few modifications? :geek:
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby Tonkyhonk » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:27 am

loftar wrote:
Tonkyhonk wrote:what is your point of removing the party arrows for long distance, then?

To make it more difficult to find one's way to predetermined places, of course. I don't think this contradicts what I just said. :)

you mean... to create annoyance for players who is traveling to certain "known" places? what do you mean by "a certain cost"?
Tonkyhonk

Postby Jackard » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:35 am

overtyped wrote:and FYI Jorb and Loftar made this game to produce unlimited tears, why would you want to destroy that, just when they found a mechanic that is the most aggravating yet?
Jackard

Postby Jackard » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:36 am

randomspawns is the new "salem camera"

this is the hill they die on
Jackard

Postby Astarisk » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:40 am

Jackard wrote:randomspawns is the new "salem camera"

this is the hill they die on

Haha, I will say that when Salem went open, they didn't have ways to spawn with your friends. Most of mine stopped playing before they even managed to walk to our settlement.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby Altich » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:41 am

I think removing the possibility to spawn with\ find friends easily, is necessary to prevent abuses like: making alts, easily finding and raiding locations.

You may think that these are not such important, but that's because you are already familiar (and possibly abusing) the above mechanisms (Im not saying that you shouldn't). But please understand that much more players gave up because of these abuses and therefore are not here to express their opinion. There is a reason why this great game has so few players in peak hours. Changes are nessecary to improve that.

In short, I agree with these changes and I will also have some suggestions later.
Altich

Postby hathaway » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:21 am

Removed hearth secret, party arrows, and village teleport. but it's still too easy to find another player.
People just need to go corner(or 2 sides) of the map.
Having camp or village at that point will be huge advantage, because you can play with pre-organized team.
Traveling to side or corner will be more easy, because horses are implemented.

Jorbtar, you should make world sphere, or make unlimited-spawning map to prevent this. ¦]

Edit: How about implementing pandemic plague, mole eating crops / ruining field, mountain trolls and unusual weather like flood(it may destroy your building and move livestocks randomly, clear your crops and field), drought(kill every crops and trees), heavy snow(bury everything in snow)?
kek.
Last edited by hathaway on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
hathaway

Postby TaurenShaman » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:25 am

The world should be generated in that way that player that wanders too close to edge is just warped to another edge of map.

And anyways, how do you want to have bigger playerbase if you remove hearth secrets? Most new players wants to play with their friends and they won't be able to do it.
If you want to remove alts you need to remove the necessity of using them.
TaurenShaman

Postby Altich » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:44 am

It is true that not being able to play with friends isn't ideal, but being able to abuse mechanisms is far worse. If there is a way to prevent alting without removing hs I would be happy for this to be implemented, but I doubt it. It's like sacrificing something to get something better.

Don't think that removing hs will reduce the playerbase. True, many people who are used to play with friends (or using lots of alts) may stop playing. But imo much more new players will come because of this change (less alts will create a better game environment). And, I repeat, if there was another way I would be glad to be implemented instead. I just don't see it.

Also, making the world "round" as others suggested is necessary.
Altich

Postby epicless » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:11 pm

loftar wrote:
Tonkyhonk wrote:the way you are currently announcing things is only encouraging certain players to abuse your system somehow to let them play how they want, instead of encouraging them to try the new system

Well, I wouldn't really consider it "abuse" to use various ways and means to find one's way to a desired place. The intention of this mechanic is more simply to associate a certain cost with it.

A certain cost? Are we finally going to have useful mapping/direction-finding mechanics in-game? Cartography as a real profession would be great.
Haven and Hearth News, Tutorials and the Stories of My Humble Journey
Epicless' Blog | Epicless' Youtube Channel
epicless

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements