Release Date Trailer: Eternal Alpha, Aug. 21st 2015

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Release Date Trailer: Eternal Alpha, Aug. 21st 2015

Postby Ants » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:31 am

Will we still have colored bricks so that we can draw genitalia on the ground?
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:49 am

Bob_the_Cat wrote:I like personal beliefs in concept, but the Tradition change is just bad. I'm useto games that you can only fit certain skills on one character, so to me having a miner that cant farm is ok. This is obviously bad for alt spam though, so I'm fine with no beliefs.

Honestly though, just because I can fit farming and mining on one character doesnt mean I would. I'd rather have it one two so that when a rock kills me or somethign stupid I dont loose my farming :p

Honestly, I'd like to see skills weighted in much the same way FEP are. The more overall skills you get, the more expensive the next step is.

But this, again, would just encourage alt-spam. Which unfortunately is going to happen no matter what you do, because people are fucktarded.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Flevalt » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:24 am

Even if you couldn't draw genitalia anymore, the rivers and the mountains, everything will still be shaped like cocks.
Flevalt

Postby spectacle » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:45 am

That's probably why they had to delay the release for a week; the mapgen wasn't generating enough cocks. :lol:
Once a man has changed the relationship between himself and his environment, he cannot return to the blissful ignorance he left. Motion, of necessity, involves a change in perspective.
-Commissioner Pravin Lal, "A Social History of Planet"
spectacle

Postby NOOBY93 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:26 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
Bob_the_Cat wrote:I like personal beliefs in concept, but the Tradition change is just bad. I'm useto games that you can only fit certain skills on one character, so to me having a miner that cant farm is ok. This is obviously bad for alt spam though, so I'm fine with no beliefs.

Honestly though, just because I can fit farming and mining on one character doesnt mean I would. I'd rather have it one two so that when a rock kills me or somethign stupid I dont loose my farming :p

Honestly, I'd like to see skills weighted in much the same way FEP are. The more overall skills you get, the more expensive the next step is.

But this, again, would just encourage alt-spam. Which unfortunately is going to happen no matter what you do, because people are fucktarded.

Why are people "fucktarded" if they spam alts? Making alts is actually smart. If you split your stats among multiple characters, when one dies you lose less.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:50 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:Why are people "fucktarded" if they spam alts? Making alts is actually smart. If you split your stats among multiple characters, when one dies you lose less.

That's pretty much the reason right there, actually. If your raiding character goes out, leaves scents, etc, only your raiding character is affected.

If there are no alts, you get to feel the full impact of your actions, without thinking "Oh, well at least my farming alt is safe."

Alt Spamming is basically just a way to avoid the full consequences of your actions... Hence "Fucktarded"

There's one other reason alt-spamming bugs the shit out of me, I prefer to play in a world where you have a real sense of the population size, and where working together is encouraged a lot more. If you only have one character, you generally would either focus on one skillset, or become a mid-road jack of all trades. This helps drive the need to trade for different goods of higher quality in both cases.

In the end though, it's just one of those things that irritates the fuck out of me for no other reason than my personal prejudices.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby NOOBY93 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:57 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:Why are people "fucktarded" if they spam alts? Making alts is actually smart. If you split your stats among multiple characters, when one dies you lose less.

That's pretty much the reason right there, actually. If your raiding character goes out, leaves scents, etc, only your raiding character is affected.

If there are no alts, you get to feel the full impact of your actions, without thinking "Oh, well at least my farming alt is safe."

Alt Spamming is basically just a way to avoid the full consequences of your actions... Hence "Fucktarded"

There's one other reason alt-spamming bugs the shit out of me, I prefer to play in a world where you have a real sense of the population size, and where working together is encouraged a lot more. If you only have one character, you generally would either focus on one skillset, or become a mid-road jack of all trades. This helps drive the need to trade for different goods of higher quality in both cases.

In the end though, it's just one of those things that irritates the fuck out of me for no other reason than my personal prejudices.

Game would be better without alts, yes, but the game is in such a state that making alts is smart, not "fucktarded". I presume "fucktarded" means something in the lines of "fucking retarded" and "retarded" means "mentally retarded" therefore you're calling the people who are doing the smart thing... Stupid? :/
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:00 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:Game would be better without alts, yes, but the game is in such a state that making alts is smart, not "fucktarded". I presume "fucktarded" means something in the lines of "fucking retarded" and "retarded" means "mentally retarded" therefore you're calling the people who are doing the smart thing... Stupid? :/

Not precisely, no. But if "the game would be better without alts" then why not play it that way?

You're basically saying that they're sacrificing a superior game experience (in some people's opinion) for a tactically sound one.

It's merely my opinion that this degrades the social experience for everyone. When everyone can do everything, it impacts everything from combat, to diplomacy, to trade.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Xcom » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:08 pm

Matter of opinion.

Alts don't ruin the havens gaming experience if you ask me, they just make it more complicated.
Xcom

Postby _Gunnar » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:25 pm

Xcom wrote:Matter of opinion.

Alts don't ruin the havens gaming experience if you ask me, they just make it more complicated.

I agree its a matter of opinion.. for example one could argue the opposite, that alts make the game less complicated; since if you don't have alts, in order to progress fast in all industries you are forced to cooperate with others more.

maybe it comes down to whether you think its a "roleplaying" or "strategy" game, roughly speaking...
_Gunnar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements