Release Date Trailer: Eternal Alpha, Aug. 21st 2015

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Release Date Trailer: Eternal Alpha, Aug. 21st 2015

Postby NOOBY93 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:29 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:Game would be better without alts, yes, but the game is in such a state that making alts is smart, not "fucktarded". I presume "fucktarded" means something in the lines of "fucking retarded" and "retarded" means "mentally retarded" therefore you're calling the people who are doing the smart thing... Stupid? :/

Not precisely, no. But if "the game would be better without alts" then why not play it that way?

You're basically saying that they're sacrificing a superior game experience (in some people's opinion) for a tactically sound one.

It's merely my opinion that this degrades the social experience for everyone. When everyone can do everything, it impacts everything from combat, to diplomacy, to trade.

Game theory, bro. If everyone went without alts, game would be amazing. But if some people went with alts and some didn't, the no-alts people would be at a disadvantage. If everyone used alts, the game is fair just like in the first situation, but less fun.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Bob_the_Cat » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:47 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:Game theory, bro. If everyone went without alts, game would be amazing. But if some people went with alts and some didn't, the no-alts people would be at a disadvantage. If everyone used alts, the game is fair just like in the first situation, but less fun.

This. In games I try to use sped stuff that nobody uses (guns, character builds, ect), and its fun, until I loose. Then I wish I had the same advantage as everyone else. Having all my stuff on one character in haven would be cool until I died and lost it all, and then I would rather have it be less cool and have alts like everyone else.
Bob_the_Cat

Postby Potjeh » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:51 pm

It's all because we have such high character investment in a permadeath game. Thanks, Loftbama!
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby borka » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:08 pm

Funny again - the no alts argument mainly arouses around "you go out raiding, die but don't have to worry about because you have alts" - sure that 's one point but it leaves out the point that you play together with a bunch of people who all of a sudden go inactive for different reasons - you're left alone with the big village, the mines and all of that and you try to pick up other people which aren't reliable in any way (not being active that much to keep up in stats with q, going inactive, being lazy and just griefing or or or...) and as you played from minute one of the world on you want to stay in your area and keep what you achieved there's nothing left than to do it yourself with Alts ... to be real honest i met a lot of people with whom it's fun to play it but in the end there was only one other person that has been steady reliable besides myself. experience from playing 4 worlds fully ...
borka

Postby Potjeh » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:27 pm

So, is einher still in?
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:36 pm

Potjeh wrote:It's all because we have such high character investment in a permadeath game. Thanks, Loftbama!

Sadly, you can't really called it a permadeath survival game if you can manfacture alts easily. Otherwise you just call it Factorio.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby Potjeh » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:44 pm

The difference in alt production difficulty is minimal, it's just a matter of the number of parallel production lines.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Jackard » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:49 pm

Potjeh wrote:It's all because we have such high character investment in a permadeath game. Thanks, Loftbama!

The Haven Experience™ now augmented with antisocial investment!!

Have yours today!
Jackard

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:31 pm

Jackard wrote:The Haven Experience™ now augmented with antisocial investment!!

Have yours today!

Salt water extractor not included.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby Mopstar » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:54 pm

Ive asked a few times but gotten no real answer,Will this still be toaster friendly
Wolfang wrote:
+1 I don't know how he did it, but Mopstar did steal his own stuff. You have to be a pretty hardcore thief to be able to steal your own things!
Mopstar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements