Mini-feature: Chat changes

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Mini-feature: Chat changes

Postby Chakravanti » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:21 pm

True Del but you're talkingabout theLP system. % decrease on FEP system would be equivalent reduction.

You were right in the first post tho. Creating infinate QL and then being shocked when people cooperate to maximize gain from the system you create is just ridiculous.
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby Potjeh » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:24 pm

Yup, I barely managed to get 20 natural psi while reaching 40 in all other stats but dex. I think my story is more representative of Joe Average the hearthling. And I worked on it.

Sure, smiths can just pump up their smithing and get crazy good jewellery. But what are us poor silk-makers supposed to do?
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby jorb » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:33 pm

Delamore wrote:
Peter wrote:Wouldn't it have been more universal to halve the multiplier gained from eating them? Then everybody has the same penalty.

I suppose that decreasing everyone's PSI by 40% would be a bit of a compromise.

Percentage decreases are bullshit already, died with 300 melee? You get 150.
What that 150 more to 300 costs 5x as much as the 1-150? Too bad.

It's a bit poorly stated, perhaps. The reduction is of course a straight percentage reduction of your present numerical stat value, rather than a percentage reduction of effective LP. But from the observation that our statement of what happens on death is perhaps a bit misleading, it certainly does not follow that the reduction should be less severe than it presently is. Yes, death is harsher than those percentages might make it look like, but I don't think it therefore should be made less harsh. If anything we could be clearer about what exactly it is that is being reduced.

What is it you're really asking for? A better statement of the on death effect, or less severe death? The former I could perhaps agree with you on, but not the latter. Also, If the former: "The reduction is a straight percentage reduction of your present numerical stat value, and NOT a percentage reduction of effective LP gathered". There you go.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby warrri » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:48 pm

Im asking to undo the cavebulb change, at least until there is better milk-> butter.
However, with the current base fep, even q200 butter wont counter the nerf.
The world I love The tears I drop To be part of The wave can't stop
Ever wonder if it's all for you
The world I love The trains I hop To be part of The wave can't stop
Come and tell me when it's time to
warrri

Postby jorb » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:04 pm

There is a general problem that presents itself to us from time to time which is the fundamental "injustices" people experience when we change the stats on food or LP gains. Namely the "How will I ever catch up to the older crowd" problem. We presently maintain a population that has gone through what effectively amounts to several iterations on this game. Lots of shit has continuously changed, and the conditions and rules of today are not the conditions and rules that applied in late May. The character population still has one foot in the rules of late May, and, yes, the bulb reduction will be harsh on new players, as any food nerf would be, but what do you want us to do about it? Never attempt to balance food? Reduce characters?

Therefore the Lord Jorb sent him forth from the garden of Eden. He drove out the hearthling; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

The only thing that could possibly resolve these kinds of problems is the sulfur and brimstone of a complete reset. That, however, is pointless if we do not first fix the stuff we want fixed.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby Delamore » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:26 pm

The thing is that cave bulbs don't actually need a nerf, people are struggling to get any psy, I think there is only one single player with over 60 base psy and he had a whole town feeding him.
Delamore

Postby warrri » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:00 pm

jorb wrote:There is a general problem that presents itself to us from time to time which is the fundamental "injustices" people experience when we change the stats on food or LP gains. Namely the "How will I ever catch up to the older crowd" problem. We presently maintain a population that has gone through what effectively amounts to several iterations on this game. Lots of shit has continuously changed, and the conditions and rules of today are not the conditions and rules that applied in late May. The character population still has one foot in the rules of late May, and, yes, the bulb reduction will be harsh on new players, as any food nerf would be, but what do you want us to do about it? Never attempt to balance food? Reduce characters?

Therefore the Lord Jorb sent him forth from the garden of Eden. He drove out the hearthling; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

The only thing that could possibly resolve these kinds of problems is the sulfur and brimstone of a complete reset. That, however, is pointless if we do not first fix the stuff we want fixed.

Why did you had the feeling that they needed a nerf anyway? Because on person had that incredible high psy?
Psy was by far the hardest stat to get, fishes are just ridiculous, and robs have way to much agi to be a reasonable booster. You have to find and eat cavebulbs, but unlike other food (except piros), the ingredients need heavy effort to be found and are rare. And even if 10 persons will get that high psy i dont see why it should need a nerf. If anything, thanes and merchants rings could get a slight nerf, but not cavebulbs.
The world I love The tears I drop To be part of The wave can't stop
Ever wonder if it's all for you
The world I love The trains I hop To be part of The wave can't stop
Come and tell me when it's time to
warrri

Postby jorb » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:01 pm

Delamore wrote:The thing is that cave bulbs don't actually need a nerf

Okay, so why are you talking about the LP system? ;)

That PSY is hard to get is intentional. Exactly how hard it should be could perhaps be debated.

jorb

Postby Delamore » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:04 pm

jorb wrote:
Delamore wrote:The thing is that cave bulbs don't actually need a nerf

Okay, so why are you talking about the LP system? ;)

That PSY is hard to get is intentional. Exactly how hard it should be could perhaps be debated.

That was just to do with someone suggesting a 40% nerf to psy, which would not be equal to everyone.
Also it was hard, very hard compared to every other skill in the game.
Now it's just really stupidly hard.
Delamore

Postby eql » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:09 pm

im still yet to gain 1 psy stat point. the two new stats, psy and what ever the other is for me are still on 10.
was crappy they even got introduced after having the normal stats for ages.
eql

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements