Release Postponement: Eternal Alpha, Aug. 28th 2015

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Release Postponement: Eternal Alpha, Aug. 28th 2015

Postby yozz » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:51 pm

Give us a new sweet screenshot and everybody will survive.

Seriously, good luck with that update, guys. We're waiting.
yozz

Postby shubla » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:07 pm

jorb wrote:Amigos,

Our new target date for release is now instead the 28th of August.

I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby painhertz » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:22 pm

ATTN Jorbtor:

Idea that wouldn't be that difficult (I don't think?) and could keep us busy for the next 2 weeks: Kill World 7 today and generate a new Haven 1.0 map for us to fuck off on for the next 2 weeks. There are tons of players who never had the chance to play a "new" Haven 1.0 world, it'll give new people a chance to get the basic jist of the game and like I said, keep us occupied until the 28th or even further if you guys need more time. (For extra bonus points if it's easy make it just 4 supergrids so we are all jammed in and can all war each other........) Please?

(I am of course making an assumption that 4-5 years into this thing that you guys have a mapgen system that doesn't require a like 8 hour time investment to gen.)
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby martenx » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:10 pm

YES !
ImageBottleneck
martenx

Postby yozzik » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:17 pm

painhertz wrote:ATTN Jorbtor:

Idea that wouldn't be that difficult (I don't think?) and could keep us busy for the next 2 weeks: Kill World 7 today and generate a new Haven 1.0 map for us to fuck off on for the next 2 weeks. There are tons of players who never had the chance to play a "new" Haven 1.0 world, it'll give new people a chance to get the basic jist of the game and like I said, keep us occupied until the 28th or even further if you guys need more time. (For extra bonus points if it's easy make it just 4 supergrids so we are all jammed in and can all war each other........) Please?

(I am of course making an assumption that 4-5 years into this thing that you guys have a mapgen system that doesn't require a like 8 hour time investment to gen.)

The cleverest one! Come on, really, JLo, give us something to break on the "bad" map.
Severin, gurbibal master, drunken hunter, the thief of Constantinopol, he who never died of man`s hand, son of Yozz, grandson of Yozzik.

P.S. More nice hats please!
yozzik

Postby Kaios » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:31 pm

martenx wrote:.............................................. I took a week off from work for this.

I didn't do that yet because I am smart, sux 2 suck

painhertz wrote:Idea that wouldn't be that difficult (I don't think?) and could keep us busy for the next 2 weeks: Kill World 7 today and generate a new Haven 1.0 map for us to fuck off on for the next 2 weeks. There are tons of players who never had the chance to play a "new" Haven 1.0 world

It's a nice thought and I'm all for it but there seems to be quite a few players that don't want the current world to disappear at all so I think they will be resistant towards that. They should realize it is going to happen eventually whether they like it or not, but still.
Kaios

Postby Xcom » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Its probably more then just a few keystrokes rebooting the current game. It would probably postpone H2 further if they had to wipe and reboot the older version.
Xcom

Postby dafels » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:59 pm

painhertz wrote:ATTN Jorbtor:

would be nice
dafels

Postby Maldrad » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:17 pm

This postponement breaks my heart, but I understand the necessity. Keep up the good work, guys! We believe in you and in Haven's magic :)
Anyway, waiting is a standard condition of a gamer, in which he spends 90% of his time...

P.S. By the way, is there any chance we'll see a winter biome? Ground covered in snow, packs of wolves, merciless frost that slows your movement speed down if you're not wearing warm clothes, impossibility of farming - hunting and fishing FTW... Ah, that'd be a dream came true.
Maldrad

Postby Malgoth » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:27 pm

Hello. I just heared about this game and new version. If it will be Alpha that mean there will be wipe?
Malgoth

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements