Lesser update: Sheep and kin

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Lesser update: Sheep and kin

Postby loftar » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:48 pm

I've been messing around a bit, and now you're getting some updates.

Sheep: They are now domesticable. They're very much like cows, so there is little to mention. They have a couple of extra stats that determine the quality and generation rate of wool.

EDIT: I forgot to mention; cows are less gluttonous now. They eat a third as much as previously.

Kin System: It has been updated a bit:

As long as you're using the latest client, memorizing someone will bring up the kinlist with that person selected, to make it easier to change his name immediately. Right-clicking an already memorized player will also allow you to display that person in the kinlist.

You can also describe memorized people to others. To do so, select the person you want to describe, click the new "Describe to..." button, and click on a player to describe the selected memorized person to him, which will make him have that person indirectly memorized, and will recognize him when seen. A person cannot be further described to others without having seen him in person first, however.

There is a bandit mask. It will make it take time to memorize its wearer, during which time the memorization aborts if either the memorizer or the memorizee moves. The higher the quality of the mask, the longer the required time is. Of course, it is plainly visible, so you may want to beat down anyone wearing one. :)

The party and kin invitation dialogs no longer reveal the name of the one doing the invitation, but in return, the dialog allows immediate memorization of the inviter, regardless of bandits masks. The same thing goes for claimed land -- it no longer reveals the name of the owner, but anyone can memorize the owner by holding Ctrl and right-clicking the land (though it will count as a description in that the owner must be seen physically before he can be described to others).

EDIT: Memorizing claim owners now happens by holding Ctrl when right-clicking the land. It was, indeed, quite annoying to have the menu pop up every time I misclicked on someone else's land. :P
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Re: Lesser update: Sheep and kin

Postby Darki » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:50 pm

Yay sheep taming :D
*snip nvm .. waits for his cape*
Last edited by Darki on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darki

Postby Seizure » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:51 pm

Another interesting and fun sounding update. Many lulz will be had with the mask
Seizure

Postby warrri » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:57 pm

wheres my fence gate ;_;
The world I love The tears I drop To be part of The wave can't stop
Ever wonder if it's all for you
The world I love The trains I hop To be part of The wave can't stop
Come and tell me when it's time to
warrri

Postby burgingham » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:57 pm

I am wondering if the mask has an actual use if I get its purpose right. When you memorize an unknown person it is ??? anyway, the mask doesnt change that. So you would have to find out who that person is, if he is wearing a mask or not doesn't make a difference. It only makes him more suspicipous if he does wear one. What I would like to see is, that people that already got you memorized do not recognize you immediately. If this is what the mask actually does and i did not understand it right, then nvm my post.
burgingham

Postby Lothaudus » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:01 pm

loftar wrote:There is a bandit mask. It will make it take time to memorize its wearer, during which time the memorization aborts if either the memorizer or the memorizee moves. The higher the quality of the mask, the longer the required time is. Of course, it is plainly visible, so you may want to beat down anyone wearing one. :)

:Anonymous:

Ooohh.... and Masquerade parties!

Interesting update.

AND YAY SHEEP!
Barry Fletcher Norwin
Lawspeaker of Crossroads - Leader of Codexia - Keeper of the Cheese
http://www.rpgcodex.net
Lothaudus

Postby warrri » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:03 pm

Sup?

Edit: oooh, remove this memorize from claims, it makes no sense gameplay wise AND is quite annoying :x

Also: the lp for cows and sheeps is ridiculous..
Last edited by warrri on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The world I love The tears I drop To be part of The wave can't stop
Ever wonder if it's all for you
The world I love The trains I hop To be part of The wave can't stop
Come and tell me when it's time to
warrri

Postby Flame » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:18 pm

the sheep give also milk?
Flame

Postby hpmons » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:23 pm

Is this it for domestication, or will we be able to domesticate chickens soon? I want chickens!
hpmons

Postby loftar » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:24 pm

Flame wrote:the sheep give also milk?

Well, they do give sheep milk, but it can only currently be used for feeding lambs.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Next

Return to Announcements