Lesser update: Sheep and kin

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Lesser update: Sheep and kin

Postby swebonny » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:15 am

How will newbies get wool now?
swebonny

Postby Spiff » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:22 am

Doesn't seem like any of the custom clients are connecting now, even after updating with the changes from github. Did you forget to push something?
Spiff

Postby kedrigh » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:51 am

so is it the bandit mask or the kinlist that is causing all the crashes today?
I have rules. I never eat children.
kedrigh

Postby Rhiannon » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:54 am

Whatever it is, these crashes (what 20 times now) every 15 minutes is quite a bit irritating, and please god please,. get off the damn kinslist crap, it has been thouroughly complicated quite enough now if that was the intention..lol
************************************ RAVENHOLM ************************************
***************************** IN LIEBE UND FREUNDSCHAFT *************************
************************************* Für Immer **************************************
Rhiannon

Postby Neruz » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:22 am

I am extremely glad that me and my friend got some bits of wool before this update.

Seriously; there needs to be a way to get low quality milk and cheese without requiring the huge stats necessary to tame animals.
Neruz

Postby RaptorJedi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:38 am

Sheep aren't as bad as aurochs at least, though I have a few suggestions.

1: If possible, make it so when they all aggro after attacking one, only some of the aggro, like having each sheep have a radius around them and any sheep in it aggro, while the rest stay where they are. It's pretty easy to get trapped by sheep (or dead sheep) and be stuck in combat by the other 8 that can't get to you because of the bodies.

2: Lowering the amount of quellings needed would be nice, but isn't really important. Maybe three or four quellings instead of five.

The difficulty of taming sheep at the moment isn't as bad as it could be in the future. If there's ever a character reset, it would be a while before personal claims and villages show up because no one would be able to tame sheep.
<Megagun> FOx
RaptorJedi

Postby Neruz » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:47 am

It wouldn't be so bad except that wool is so much more vital than milk. No dreamcatchers without wool, which means no dreams, which means no village idols or claims, no gauze, no linen.

I have to ask; do the creators really intend to deny the vast majority of the game to everyone who hasn't grinded his stats to high heaven? Oh, except it's now significantly harder to grind stats, due to the lack of milk and wool.

Seriously, i know you want the game to be hard and realistic, but there are limits.
Neruz

Postby kazgar » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:33 am

Neruz wrote:It wouldn't be so bad except that wool is so much more vital than milk. No dreamcatchers without wool, which means no dreams, which means no village idols or claims, no gauze, no linen.

I have to ask; do the creators really intend to deny the vast majority of the game to everyone who hasn't grinded his stats to high heaven? Oh, except it's now significantly harder to grind stats, due to the lack of milk and wool.

Seriously, i know you want the game to be hard and realistic, but there are limits.

err plant fibres (from flax and hemp) provide all that _except_ for gauze, and farming is way easier then finding sheep.

edit:

i would consider gauze to be a issue, but it can be fixed i'm sure, and its a scale less then the other stuff.
kazgar

Postby Pacho » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:36 am

you need yarn to make a dreamcatcher.
Pacho

Postby Neruz » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:43 am

Yeah, i forgot linen was plant fibers :D

My point about the dreamcatchers still stands though; you specifically need Yarn for those. If it was changed to string i wouldn't mind, and if you could make gauze out of linen that would be swell and solve the whole wool issue.

I'm just really annoyed that me and my friend no longer have access to Gauze and Dreamcatchers, fortunately we had a few bits of yarn which i was able to turn into dreamcatchers, but we've been travelling for awhile now and are both low on HHP, with no swamp in sight we were hoping to get some gauze to fix ourselves up, now we can't do that. Which sucks.

I can understand the whole 'wool should be a relatively advanced thing by the standards of the time' and whatnot, but if they intend to make milk and wool so hard to get, there really needs to be alternatives, like baking with water instead of milk and using linen instead of wool. Ovbiously this would have to result in lower Q stuff, but that's fine.
Neruz

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements