Lesser update: Sheep and kin

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Lesser update: Sheep and kin

Postby Agarrett » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:17 pm

Oh, ok, I guess that works too.
Agarrett

Postby jorb » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:16 pm

sabinati wrote:merry christmas jorb and loftar, i have made a fairly sizeable donation.

Very generous, Sabinati. Much appreciated!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby RaptorJedi » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:48 pm

Chakravanti wrote:
Potjeh wrote: leashes

That's your problem. Best bet is just to put them in a very small pen.

They eventually did it, but I don't think that was the problem (though I guess it could have been). I have a sizeable pen for my animals, and when I got my bull and started to build a holding area for him, he ignored the fact that he was on a leash and walked all the way to the other end to mate.
<Megagun> FOx
RaptorJedi

Postby Seizure » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Might I ask how long it takes for a baby to pop out? I think its been over 6 days for my sheep.

EDIT:

Well, shit. Nevermind.
Seizure

Postby Velocifero » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:28 pm

I just managed to tame a Ram the other day, and I wonder - are only the female sheep shearable? I haven't been able to shear the wool of it since I got it, and that was like two days ago.

edit: And yes, I do have a sharp tool equipped.
Velocifero

Postby Kasakun » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Actually, I wonder that as well. Do male sheep dream of electric razors?

Or is it just so that you can't shear male sheep? -_-
Kasakun

Postby Seizure » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:50 pm

You can sheer Female and Male. They seem to be able to store up to 3 wool at once (that Ive seen). Even little baby sheep can be sheered.

From what I can see, the sheer option will show up even if you do not have a sharp tool equipped.
Seizure

Postby martinuzz » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:14 pm

Nah. We can't shear our ram. We've had it for 2 days now, not a single thread of wool to be sheared from it. It's wool quantity is only 5, in it's info screen. wool quality 10. Could that be the reason?
martinuzz

Postby Seizure » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:51 pm

It took a few days for mine to get wool. Mine had the same quantity as you. Both of them.
Seizure

Postby Nogetsu » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:03 pm

Today was a fun day. A fellow villager came up to me and asked if we wanted some sheep at our Agplot. (Farms)...
To which I responded with, why not. So I set out and began to collect branches from the nearby tree while he searched the village for a rope that we thought might be laying around. Out of the 12 Sheep that had spawned I had gathered 10 up in a nicely shaped 'Bear Trap' That looked much too like a sheep itself. He announced that he was ready as I was attempting to put the 11th into this trap and started the taming...

The sheep he targeted and the one I was working on both turned towards him, so did those in the trap. I imagine he gulped and pulled at the collar of his shirt as a big red 3 appeared above his head, cause the next second he was off to the hills with two rams chasing him. I couldn't help but laugh as he logged off and came back moments later, less a pair of shoes...
Nogetsu

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements