Secrets of The Hearth

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Secrets of The Hearth

Postby Apostata » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:58 pm

I am not aswell so content about presentation of mine, which leeds to shortening some philosophical terms and thougts in very badly readible sentences, especialy in English.
Sorry then. I got little bit angry and started offtopic. Anyone whou would know wtf I mean or respond, send me a PM probably.

The endeavor to understand is the first and only basis of virtue.
Apostata

Postby Neruz » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:53 am

No Potjeh, that is Engrish. I would guess that our friend here is using an online translator, because as far as i can tell while the words and content themselves are in fact technically correct, the grammar is waaay off.
Neruz

Postby NaoWhut » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:51 am

Neruz wrote:Real Life is filled with Griefers too, men like Julius Ceasar, Genghis Khan and Attila the Hun are examples of real life Griefers who got hold of enough power to do something big.

Uncountable millions of people throughout history have gotten their shit together and dedicated no small amount of effort into screwing over other people's shit; the various terrorist organisations like Al Qaeda are examples of modern day Griefers.

Julius Ceasar faught his way up the ranks,
always seeking campaigns to make money
for school. he went to school and practised
tactics, grew up ppl screwed with Rome and
he took revenge and guarded ppl in his
territory.

Genghis Khan was a little boy when ppl first
tried to kill him, he then took revenge on them
after finding a person that gave him refuge.
a boy his age, they called eachother brother,
and then his brother betrayed him, he killed him,
and then he was taken prisoner in a town that
didn't take him seriously.They even hung a sign
with him that read "The Great Khan- a feirce man
who shall burn the town". A monk walks by and
asks mercy upon his temple, Genghis Khan tells
him to take a note to his wife. The monk then
dies in a desert walking to his wife, and the wife
finds the note with the monk and goes to the city.
Genghis Khan was freed and the town burned, all
of the town, except the temple.

Atilla the hun, gah you probly stopped reading
somewhere in Genghis Khan's sum up, and Atilla
the hun was relatively a griefer, on to Al Qaeda.

Al Qaeda is an organization formed by Osama Ben
Laden, he formed this organization to fight the
soviets when they were invading, the USA gave arms
and training to them and they defeated the Soviets.
Osama Ben Laden then kept this list of names and
contacts to defend Islam in his opinion. When Sudam
Hussein then looked to invade Saudi Arabia both the
USA and Osama Ben Laden offered their services,
the king chose USA and Osama got pissed that we
took his glory and that we were on Muslim holy land.
(ragefest after that) Osama declares a jihad against
America. Most muslims look at this as if the man's gone
mad, yet some of the extremists hold to his side.

Personally i say none of these people are griefers.
ImageImage
NaoWhut

Postby Apostata » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:24 am

Problem with Atttila the Hun is, that most of the sources came from early medieval scholars or works which was wrote in Byzantine Empire. Such works were obviously again transcribed after the millenium. And as some archeological researchers in last century succesfuly uncovered, a lot of history which ended by date of Fifth Ecumenical Council is somewhat more propaganda about disorder, sin of blasphemy, acts provoked by Devil ( so reason is Evil One himself ).

Personaly I think that Attila the Hun had very common vision of world with Genghiz (and his generals) and uses even simillar measures to did so. Using local teror for spreading rumours and so, breaking morale of country (see fate of Krakow and population exodus before battle of Legnica). So I dont think that he could be named as griefer.

Taken criticism seriously. Time to improve!

The endeavor to understand is the first and only basis of virtue.
Apostata

Postby Zirikana » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:49 pm

I'm with Nao on this one. In what sense could you say Julius Caesar, or Attila, or even freakin' Al-Qaeda are "griefers"? Even a terrorist, whoever they're fighting for, has some political or economic motivation for causing destruction. "Griefers" in MMO games are just punks who have not yet grown out of the sand-castle-kicking-over phase of childhood, and who never learned how to even fathom the idea that inentionally pissing people off is NOT a good thing. Some assclown butchering an entire village just 'cause they can (not for some actual game-related goal like expanding territory or stealing resources) is not about empire expansion or revolutionary angst, it's just childish stupidity.

But i do agree with the idea that despotic players and revolutions and insurrections have a great role to play in the game. Fighting an insurrection against a huge village that's controlling a resource (q-ten-million-billion gold mine?). And if you died, at least it was for a greater good in some way, or part of a battle or revenge plot against some kind of "bad guy". If the rangers of that uber village raze your settlement in revenge, it's all part of the sandbox. But having your little settlement destroyed and being hacked to death just so some clown can say "lawlz eye killed yoo noooob!" is really just pointless, and has no point in the game in my opinion. Go play that dang blizzard game with the green people and silly hats if that's your thing.

{ok, rant's over. i've been wanting to get that out since i first started reading this forum!}
"Bein' a minotaur is a lot like bein' a regular human except moo" - J. Rowland
Zirikana

Postby sadartist » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:30 am

And we have a forum necromancer...
As I lay dead in my love soaked bed, angels came to kiss my head. I caught one down and wrestled her down to be my girl in death town. She will not fly, she has promised to die, oh what a clever corpse am I.(L. Cohen)
sadartist

Postby Zirikana » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:07 pm

lol, sorry, apologies for the "resurrection" of a post just to make a snarky rant. I just started looking at the forums recently, and didn't realize that half a page down in the topics list is already a month and a half old :P

anyhooo....
"Bein' a minotaur is a lot like bein' a regular human except moo" - J. Rowland
Zirikana

Previous

Return to Announcements