Game Development: Some Newb Stuff

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Some Newb Stuff

Postby Phalacrox » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:09 pm

One can eat ants all day and just boost his stats! I'm very disappointed in Lorb and Joftar, wth do we need these things. I understand you're attracting players who want to grind but that's not what this game is about! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Phalacrox

Postby burgingham » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:32 pm

jorb wrote:We've been developing tonight, and here's what's new.

Primarily we're working on the combat system, but tonight we have a small content update for the wee people of the hearth.

Hm, why take step two before you take step one? Wouldn't it make much more sense to first alter the skillsystem? I mean, if you plan to do that anyway a new combat system will become obsolete after the implementation of a new skill system.
burgingham

Postby stickman » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:01 pm

Phalacrox wrote:One can eat ants all day and just boost his stats! I'm very disappointed in Lorb and Joftar, wth do we need these things. I understand you're attracting players who want to grind but that's not what this game is about! :evil: :evil: :evil:

im curious.. because i have only gotten 1 ant from the 5 hills ive raided. what is the infinate food you speak of
stickman

Postby GrimReaper » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:12 pm

So are there any queens that are sort of rare in the ant hills?
GrimReaper

Postby loftar » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:39 pm

burgingham wrote:Hm, why take step two before you take step one? Wouldn't it make much more sense to first alter the skillsystem? I mean, if you plan to do that anyway a new combat system will become obsolete after the implementation of a new skill system.

Well, because I don't think that the combat system will become obsolete after the new skill system. We'll probably have to rebalance it a bit and maybe add and remove a few moves, but I think that the new combat foundation will handle the transition quite gracefully, and assuming that is true, it would be good to get to play around with it a bit first and get the feel for it.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby stickman » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:47 pm

apparently you can wear nettle and linen pants at the same time.
stickman

Postby jorb » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:45 pm

Phalacrox wrote:One can eat ants all day and just boost his stats! I'm very disappointed in Lorb and Joftar, wth do we need these things. I understand you're attracting players who want to grind but that's not what this game is about! :evil: :evil: :evil:

You could. Though it should be fairly ineffective for anyone save the weeest of newbs.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Alamarian » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:49 pm

kedrigh wrote:
Alamarian wrote:Well, that's still a pain and they still taste bad.

sez u.
personally i enjoy some raw ants every once in a while, as they are quite refreshing on long forest walks, and there are plenty people into non-standard foodstuff that enjoy 'em roasted.

I find them acidic and raunchy. Especially fire ants, which are annoyingly common where I live.
"The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd."
Alamarian

Postby Jackard » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:04 pm

jorb wrote:

You could. Though it should be fairly ineffective for anyone save the weeest of newbs.

inefficient

Jackard

Postby Fluffy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:11 pm

What the hell is with the starcraft sounds while you raid an ant hill.
Your ad here
Fluffy

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements