Game Development: Crime & Punishment

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Crime & Punishment

Postby Dwarfu » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:29 am

Can we get an option on the scents to 'fan it away' ? When I logged in after a couple days off, my entire yard lit up...after I followed a few scents (none had a heart, none were logged in), I went to the RoB and tried to summon a few - they were all dead already.

It would help if I could fan away the ones I already dealt with that were 'dead' ends and be able to see new ones that may have happened since my last login.
Dwarfu

Postby Vattic » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:31 am

I also think its a good idea to be able to remove the evidence of people trespassing or stealing from your own claim. No others though, not for now anyway.
Vattic

Postby theTrav » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:38 am

[quote="Vattic"]I also think its a good idea to be able to remove the evidence of people trespassing or stealing from your own claim. No others though, not for now anyway.[/quote]
scenario: you and i meet in the wild, I kill you, I place my claim and remove the stench. WHAT THEN?
theTrav

Postby Vattic » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:46 am

Trav, I think you'll find I suggested only trespassing and stealing clues should be removable in those situations so I don't see what good that would do you :P.
Vattic

Postby Dwarfu » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:53 am

Actually, and this probably needs to be thunk through to find all the scenarios it would entail, but how about once someone is killed all of their scents in the world are wiped? Or do you guys think the wild goose chases should be part of it?
Dwarfu

Postby theTrav » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:06 am

[quote="Vattic"]only trespassing and stealing clues[/quote]
Ahh, quite right, my bad. I was... Hasty

[quote="Dwarfu"]how about once someone is killed all of their scents in the world are wiped?[/quote]
not theft scents, they can still be used to track the stolen goods

[quote="Dwarfu"]Or do you guys think the wild goose chases should be part of it?[/quote]
You get notified straight away that the player is 'not online', maybe just change the message to indicate if they're not online because they're dead if that is the case
theTrav

Postby Dwarfu » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:15 am

[quote="theTrav"] maybe just change the message to indicate if they're not online because they're dead if that is the case[/quote]

It wasn't really the messages I was worried about, its all the scents glowing on my property that I pretty much already know the answer to - if the person is dead, then their scents should just go away. Though, I guess, as far as a ranger's job of investigation, s/he should probably have to investigate each occurrence and then get a message about the culprit being dead (but only if it accompanies an action to get rid of the scent from the scene).
Dwarfu

Postby Yolan » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:07 am

I take full credit for the 'vandalism' skill concept! ;-)... actually, maybe I will be vilified for this one...
Yolan

Postby Krantarin » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:30 pm

I'm still curious-can you track stolen goods that have been transformed? I mean, we had twelve bars of steel stolen. It wouldn't let us track the goods, but the thief turned up with a BA12B... coincidence? I don't know-perhaps the ability to search for transformed objects should be added on.
A Lurker from the days when Laketown was on the frontier and Bottleneck was the military superpower.
Krantarin

Postby Talvara » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:07 pm

I'd also like to suggest a 'masquerade' skill.

Basicly a skill that you can activate for a short amount of time. lets say 2 to 5 minutes, and then has a pretty long cooldown 30mins~2 hours or more.

what the skill would let you do is hide your identity. IE make other people unable to start a chat with you to note your name.

Skilled thiefs or Assaulters could use this in combination to disguise (clothing they normally wouldnt wear) to make their move and get away without risking their names becomming known, If the thief can somehow then stay ahead of the rangers for long enough so that any scents would disapear their deed would be in the clear.

A skill like this would also ignite paranoia, and maybe even give some people the guts to start hostilities. First covert ofcourse, but after a while suspision and clues could ignite an all out war! joy!
Talvara

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements