Server Issues: Crashes, Lag, Restarts, Rollbacks

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Server Issues: Crashes, Lag, Restarts, Rollbacks

Postby loftar » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:16 pm

sabinati wrote:i thought you said something recently about working on a distributed version of haven?

First of all, that would be a parallelized version, not a distributed version. Even with that, it's a rather far way off yet, though.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Dev175 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:09 am

Loftar, what's the experiment you're doing that involved restarting the server? Just wondering =P.
Dev175

Postby BlitzKrieger » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:12 am

Dev175 wrote:Loftar, what's the experiment you're doing that involved restarting the server? Just wondering =P.

This.
"By the sword in my hand I will conquer the land. I will decimate and decapitate those that question the sword in my hand." -Týr
BlitzKrieger

Postby Granger » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:13 am

loftar wrote:
Granger wrote:Maybe look at this: http://www.hetzner.de/de/hosting/produk ... erver/eq4/ (or the bigger ones in case you want more RAM)
5TB incl., after that they reduce to 10MBit (you can up the limit for monthly 9.8€/TB, but after 10TB total it's cheaper to split the server over multiple machines there and loadbalance).

Well, that's pretty good. The hardware specs are slightly lower than OVH's, but on the other hand the price is almost half of OVH's. All I'm worried about is that 5 TB/month limit. Taken over an entire month, that's still just 15 Mbps on average, a mere 50% increase over what we have now. It's true, of course, that the server doesn't use Jorb's full 10 Mbps line off peak-hours right now, but I don't know how high it would actually peak during those peak-hours if it weren't for its current hard limit, so I don't really know how much it would use per month. It seems clear that there isn't a whole lot of room to grow with only 5 TB/month, at least. And Haven isn't really something I can "split over multiple machines" anyway, beyond splitting off the HTTP server.

You can have more than 5TB (they throttle you to 10MBit when you reach the limit), but each additional TB/month with 100MBit speed costs you an additional 9.8€
So for 10TB unthrottled traffic add 49€/month.

Still sucks though if you ask me, maybe someone from google or amazon is playing H&H and can get you in contact with someone able to give you a good deal?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby 0racle » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:31 am

i give up what was the new update about i cannot find anything new, was it server related?
0racle

Postby Headshot » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:23 am

Loftar, do you plan add more armor\cloth in craft? I have some ideas and start to calculate exempe formulas and my girlfriend can draw some sketches. Is it help you?
World 3 - Vitterstad | Headhunter [Lawspeaker]
World 4 - AD/Sparta | VIII The Justice [Fighter]
World 5 - Vitterstad | Headhunter [Founder]
Hafen 8 - Core | Headhunt [Founder]
Hafen 10 - Dis | Dominar Morghoul [Council]
Hafen 12 - Wild West Exodus | Headshot [Lawspeaker]
Headshot

Postby burgingham » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:26 am

Jorb is doing the art, exclusively. There is no point in drawing something, even your concrete suggestions and formulas most likely won't be implemented. In addition there is a reason we had no minor updates for a while. The devs are focussing on some major changes in game mechanics.
burgingham

Postby TrooPeRZz » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:56 pm

I don't think there was an update buddy.
TrooPeRZz

Postby burgingham » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:25 pm

Are you talking to me?

Edit: nevermind, just saw the comment on the other page.
burgingham

Postby Wolfang » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:29 pm

Is there a certain stage at which jorb and loftar will go like now it's a beta!

And if so, will it be for sale? :D
sabinati wrote:But Wolfang, it's the mods who are trolls, remember. please have some mercy on this innocent victim of merciless trolling by the moderation team before you make any more ad hominem remarks about him.

Wolfang

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements