Game Development: Chicks, Cocks and Penetration

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Chicks, Cocks and Penetration

Postby Potjeh » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:40 pm

I don't see what's so wrong with it. If anything, it was backwards how it was easier to earn LP in end-game than in early game.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Seizure » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:07 pm

Well, that problem is true...

But making something so easily doable so very overpowered is just downright silly.

I understand there needs to be more ways to gain LP as a new player, but giving new players access to the highest LP gaining route isn't a good way to go. Giving new players the ability to do 1k dmg within days of making a new character is simply broken.
Seizure

Postby Avu » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:28 pm

Do you remember when they made bears run from boat hunters for the exact same reason?
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Seizure » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:08 pm

That only makes this newest update completely fucking retarded. They nerfed archery to the point of near uselessness, only to make it so OP there is no reason to up anything but archery.

Inconsistent dev decisions ftl.

Not to mention that the last nerf on archery has made hunting bears pointless unless you either glitch them out, or abuse their inability to destroy buildings. Even with unarmed and melee, its a pointless pain in the ass.
Seizure

Postby Justicar » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm

Seizure wrote:That only makes this newest update completely fucking retarded. They nerfed archery to the point of near uselessness, only to make it so OP there is no reason to up anything but archery.

Archery is not overpowered. No new character has no chance of doing "1k dmg within days of making a new character", not even with ranger's bow. Even with Q180 bow and Q160 arrows, my damage output is within the realm of reasonable (compare it to SOS w. the same level melee skill, for example).

I could kill X level bears with a four hour old character before the changes took place, the only thing that is changed is that now I use less arrows.
Justicar

Postby NaoWhut » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:12 pm

Trolls and other NPC bosses
for the woods, caves, swamps,
and heath lands would balance
that out especially if they were
imposible to solo with no less
than 1000 UA or melee or marks.

Possibly loads of health and a
system where less hearthlings
in a certain range brings more
LP but More damage and armor?

cave Trolls, mountain Giants,
Fenrir in the woods, Valkyries in the
heathlands, Jörmungandr in the
ocean and swamps,well... it's just
a wish =P
ImageImage
NaoWhut

Postby Chakravanti » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Seizure wrote:
Inconsistent dev decisions ftl.

Striking a balance isn't easy.
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby DeadlyPencil » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:43 pm

Justicar wrote:
Seizure wrote:That only makes this newest update completely fucking retarded. They nerfed archery to the point of near uselessness, only to make it so OP there is no reason to up anything but archery.

Archery is not overpowered. No new character has no chance of doing "1k dmg within days of making a new character", not even with ranger's bow. Even with Q180 bow and Q160 arrows, my damage output is within the realm of reasonable (compare it to SOS w. the same level melee skill, for example).

I could kill X level bears with a four hour old character before the changes took place, the only thing that is changed is that now I use less arrows.

sorry but did you actually do any calculations before you posted that or test it yourself? you would definalty be doing well over 1k damage with that kind of bow. if you had max martial, you would be doing over 2k.
DeadlyPencil

Postby sabinati » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:24 am

DeadlyPencil wrote:
Justicar wrote:

sorry but did you actually do any calculations before you posted that or test it yourself? you would definalty be doing well over 1k damage with that kind of bow. if you had max martial, you would be doing over 2k.

sorry but did you actually do any calculations before you posted that or test it yourself?
sabinati

Postby stickman » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:00 am

sabinati wrote:sorry but did you actually do any calculations before you posted that or test it yourself?

this picture clearly indicates that 2k is possible
stickman

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements