Game Development: Apocalypse

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Apocalypse

Postby Durkle » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:15 pm

Gauteamus wrote:How about simply giving us 4 wheat seeds instead of 4 bread loaves at startup?
Would fix the retarded alt-bread feeding that some loonies keep talking about too.

One can live just fine for some weeks/months without tea, poppies, grapes or pumpkins, but wheat/straw is at the root of too many production trees.

Somebody who's new to the game would have absolutely no use for the seeds. In fact, such a system would just result in all current players spawning alts on their hearth fire for easy seed access. Newbies can't farm, they can't build plows, they don't have a settling spot/backpack.. they can't hunt, they can't fish (initially), they need to burn stamina and hunger to learn these things. The seeds would just take up room. They'd be useless. The player who has settled, built up some commodities, and who has advanced somewhat in the world is the one who needs the seeds.
Durkle

Postby Potjeh » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:22 pm

I don't think the seed bug has been fixed at all. Seems everyone is still getting hemp and grapes. Or is it a design decision to make wheat a hundred times less common than hemp?
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Durkle » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:25 pm

I can't see it being fixed either Potjeh. I've only gotten grape/hop/flax, and I got lucky with a carrot seed.
Durkle

Postby Barhandar » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:30 pm

I'm got a hemp/grape too, and one hop. Too much hemp. I think there can be possiblity to smoke hemp and see wheat seeds instead.
Barhandar

Postby DeadlyPencil » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:08 pm

i dont think its fixed either. traveled for 2.5 hours by boat collected stuff along the way... stuck them on my 2 herb tables... same old crap.. tea, hemp, grapes. I did however manage to get an onion which had been eluding me. I also have not met anyone who has found a pumpkin.

Im farely certain ive found 80+ seeds so far and although there is no map im fairly confident I traveled at least one supergrid eastward and maybe half a supergrid westward from my camp when searching.

perhaps he fixed it.. but the areas we are in are already set to specific seeds so his fix had no effect?
DeadlyPencil

Postby sabinati » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:41 pm

well we have all the seeds but i'm not convinced the bug is quite fixed either
sabinati

Postby Potjeh » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:48 pm

I go all over the place when I pick WWWs (trying to score a mine, so I pick up ones that I run across), so my seed collection shouldn't be very uniform. Still, I'd stay that 40% of my seeds turn out to be hemp, 30% grapes, 20% hops and the rest is random crops, excluding wheat. Tea seems to pop a bit more often than the rest of the other herbs, and I only got one pumpkin so far. I get 2-5 herbalist tables of WWWs a day.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Machenoid » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:52 pm

Hemp, flax, and tea are the most common that i've found, for several WWW.
Onions, hops, and grapes i got after traveling i don't know how many minimaps away from my site, and even then, only once or twice [for each plant].
Everything else still eludes me.
The Dwarf is making a plaintive gesture. He doesn't really care about anything any more.
Machenoid

Postby ImpalerWrG » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:20 am

Wheat is indeed very rare, as are carrots and onions. After 30+ weed drying we found only 2 wheat seeds and still lack onions.
ImpalerWrG

Postby Jest » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:26 am

I had three WWWs turn out to be carrots, one hemp, and one hops. Still have another and I'm hoping it'll be wheat.
Jest

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements