Headsup: A couple of minor changes

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Headsup: A couple of minor changes

Postby loftar » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:27 am

I just made a few minor changes, but since some of them actually affect gameplay, I thought I'd summarize them (including some that have been in the server for a little time now). Here you are:
  • The leanto is buildable from both fir and elm branches.
  • Food troughs and chicken coops should no longer suffer from the truncation problem that made it hard to raise their fodder quality.
  • The FEP bonus is stronger now: For each new type of food you eat, the current FEP cap will decrease by sqrt((your highest base stat) / 10).
  • Carts are now buildable in caves and mines.
  • Damage taken from starving increases as you get more hungry.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Re: Headsup: A couple of minor changes

Postby vikingdragons » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:33 am

FIRST! and sounds good, the cart thing will help out with mines.
"A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones that need the advice." -Bill Cosby
vikingdragons

Postby sabinati » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:36 am

great fixes, thanks
sabinati

Postby martinuzz » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:37 am

loftar wrote:I just made a few minor changes, but since some of them actually affect gameplay, I thought I'd summarize them (including some that have been in the server for a little time now). Here you are:
  • The leanto is buildable from both fir and elm branches. :D
  • Food troughs and chicken coops should no longer suffer from the truncation problem that made it hard to raise their fodder quality. :D :D :D :D
  • The FEP bonus is stronger now: For each new type of food you eat, the current FEP cap will decrease by sqrt((your highest base stat) / 10). :D :D :D :D :D
  • Carts are now buildable in caves and mines. :D :D :D :D :D
  • Damage taken from starving increases as you get more hungry. :)

Overall : :D :D :D / :D :D :D :D :D
martinuzz

Postby MishaPepyaka » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:39 am

A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A- A-A-A- A-A-A A-A-A
HELL YEAH
MishaPepyaka

Postby loftar » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:42 am

Oh, and by the way; I suspect not everyone has read about the FEP bonus as first described in the Apocalypse thread, so just for clarity:

Each time you eat a new type of FEP-giving food ("type" being what makes foodstuffs distinct: Carrot Cakes, Boiled Eggs, Plaice, Brill, Rabbit Meat or Fox Meat would all count as different types), the amount of FEPs you need to level up is lessened by the amount described (previously, it was only lessened by one FEP for each other food type you ate). When you level up, the FEP cap is reset to your highest stat, and the food type recorder is reset.
loftar

Postby GrimReaper » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:49 am

Do you automatically die if you reach 0% starvation?
GrimReaper

Postby test1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:55 am

loftar... does the last food u eat take precident... i tried to take advantage of your system... but eating a carrot that gave me .5 and eating 39 fep of str food yeilded me perception.... the carrot was the last thing that i ate.

I would have discounted that as luck but the next time I ate a <10q food to get my last point (and reduce a point with this fep system) i have gotten the stat that I did not want. Was this bad luck or are you calculating this in a manor we do not know about
test1

Postby warrri » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:57 am

test1 wrote:loftar... does the last food u eat take precident... i tried to take advantage of your system... but eating a carrot that gave me .5 and eating 39 fep of str food yeilded me perception.... the carrot was the last thing that i ate.

I would have discounted that as luck but the next time I ate a <10q food to get my last point (and reduce a point with this fep system) i have gotten the stat that I did not want. Was this bad luck or are you calculating this in a manor we do not know about

Ever tried eating shittons of piros? They use to give you 50:50 on dex and con, but you will gain like 70:30 con/dex points :)
The world I love The tears I drop To be part of The wave can't stop
Ever wonder if it's all for you
The world I love The trains I hop To be part of The wave can't stop
Come and tell me when it's time to
warrri

Postby loftar » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:01 am

test1 wrote:I would have discounted that as luck but the next time I ate a <10q food to get my last point (and reduce a point with this fep system) i have gotten the stat that I did not want. Was this bad luck or are you calculating this in a manor we do not know about

It was just bad luck. It does happen from time to time. Kaka would tell you all about it. :)

GrimReaper wrote:Do you automatically die if you reach 0% starvation?

No, but you'll take an average on 1 HHP damage per in-game second (as compared to 1 HHP damage per 1000 in-game seconds when you just enter the Starving portion of the hunger meter), so you'll die soon enough, methinks.
loftar

Next

Return to Announcements