Headsup: A couple of minor changes

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Headsup: A couple of minor changes

Postby Spiff » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:41 pm

Well now we know how they got their millions of lp! Metal plow + gauze = lots of lp
Spiff

Postby Seizure » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:50 pm

Spiff wrote:Well now we know how they got their millions of lp! Metal plow + gauze = lots of lp

lmao. More like macro + gauze = endless LP for no work.
Seizure

Postby Quasic » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:17 pm

Emina wrote::x ok now im affraid to logg in at all, i cant remember if i was a little in to starving on my char when i logged out last night.

<< rationales for this complaint == snipped for space >>

ill just have to play something else tonight until this is fixed, no point to logg in and die for no sane reason. :?

Until I hear this is better, my village will be missing their Lawgiver. I don't want to log in to get killed by a bug ... and it's not that I left my char starving with gauze (i've never used gauze for anything, still a leech user) .... it's that most of the time when you log back in, your char's food bar is usually low! If it was TOO low, I guess I could log in and die.

I think this one will drive people away if not dealt with. To fix the "oh there are some guys cheating with gauze and macros"....... well, there are only 300 players on at a time, surely u could watch em for a bit, a few kick bans and people will get the message.

Quasic
Quasic

Postby Avu » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Except there is no rule against using macros what they want to do is make them unappealing. The trick is obviously not to make normal play suffer more.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Quasic » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:40 pm

Avu wrote:Except there is no rule against using macros what they want to do is make them unappealing. The trick is obviously not to make normal play suffer more.

Two villagers dead on first day of changes, is sort of extreme. And I know none of those guys are doing anything like macro-ing.

What's going to happen, is all people who play, oh, like every three or four days, will all come back to INSTADEATH.

That's gonna thin the herd a little.... :(
Quasic

Postby theTrav » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:31 am

Sometimes you win on patches, sometimes you lose. That's the nature of the alpha, always has been, always will be
theTrav

Postby Flocke » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:40 am

regarding the hunger-problem: ;)

Sausage Making.PNG
Sausage Making.PNG (12.03 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
Flocke

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:57 am

theTrav wrote:Sometimes you win on patches, sometimes you lose. That's the nature of the alpha, always has been, always will be

What do you mean by "you"? You = players or = Devs? Meaning players sometimes suffer from bad buggy patches or devs initiate things that turn out to be disasters? Either way I disagree. personally I'm pretty tired of the lame "Alpha" excuse for shoddy implementation. This game has more playable content and mechanics than many games in Beta and even quite a few in public "live" release (Most of which is spot on genius and better than most mmos out there now). "Alpha" has nothing to do with patching broken mechanics that have been illustrated in kudos by playerbases in a game for extended periods of time. Even a 13 year old who has never seen a line of code or thought twice about the word "development" would know that taking an admitted unbalanced mechanic like food cunsumption and patching it with some "fix" to deter something called a "Gauze exploit" (which i'd never heard of, guess that's the diff between players who look for explots/cheats and those who actually come to a game to f-ing play), rather than address said exploit in some other manner that wouldn't exaggerate an already existing problem (this was easier?, quicker?, needed less bong smoke to come up with?) has nothing to do with "Alpha" but with not taking the time or effort to think it through for whatever reason. (I hope anyway, I guess it could be other reasons ranging from daftness to not giving a shit but I would hope nothing like that applies).

After a certain amount of time and a certain level of playability is achieved, it is only natural for a playerbase of gamers (Especially the kind of gamers that would come to a sandbox game like this) to expect the overall developmental atmosphere to become more professional as progression of the game increases. SO IMO it is not the "playerbase expecting too much and over-reacting" nor the "oh well this is just Alpha" that can be cited. Instead it's more the "oh hell we screwed up, excuse the brainfart, we're all humans here". There's no shame in that. It's not a misplaced direction of blame nor a cop out. It's just the mature truth and the mature professional reaction is to do something about it.
************************************ RAVENHOLM ************************************
***************************** IN LIEBE UND FREUNDSCHAFT *************************
************************************* Für Immer **************************************
Rhiannon

Postby Jackard » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:02 am

Quasic wrote:well, there are only 300 players on at a time, surely u could watch em for a bit, a few kick bans and people will get the message.

thats not how things work here. the devs couldnt commit the time to deal with this sort of bullshit even if they wanted to.

dunno if theyve banned anyone yet, let alone several people

Rhiannon wrote:personally I'm pretty tired of the lame "Alpha" excuse for shoddy implementation. This game has more playable content and mechanics than many games in Beta and even quite a few in public "live" release (Most of which is spot on genius and better than most mmos out there now). "Alpha" has nothing to do with patching broken mechanics that have been illustrated in kudos by playerbases in a game for extended periods of time.

grats on not understanding what the word means
Jackard

Re:

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:12 am

Jackard wrote:grats on not understanding what the word means

lol...suuuurrreee...good little puppy. I know it doesn't mean "lame op out excuse everytime something is implemented without seeing 2 minutes into it's consequencial future"...lol

Try on those pants made out of that material called professional maturity (when you feel like being that way)...it feels so silky smooth and good. Don't worry, You don't have to wear them all the time, but every once in a while, just to show you're capable of it.
************************************ RAVENHOLM ************************************
***************************** IN LIEBE UND FREUNDSCHAFT *************************
************************************* Für Immer **************************************
Rhiannon

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements