Headsup: A couple of minor changes

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Re:

Postby Jackard » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:14 am

Rhiannon wrote:Try on those pants made out of that material called professional maturity (when you feel like being that way)...it feels so silky smooth and good. Don't worry, You don't have to wear them all the time, but every once in a while, just to show you're capable of it.

Maybe you and jlt314 can discuss this further, it sounds like you both have a lot of knowledge on the subject. 8-)
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
Jackard

Re: Headsup: A couple of minor changes

Postby Lothaudus » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:08 am

I AM VERY UPSET ABOUT HUNGER.

Spiff wrote:Well now we know how they got their millions of lp! Metal plow + gauze = lots of lp

Funny thing is that this isn't very hard to do, even with hunger as fucked up as it currently is, given the main problem is actually repairing your plow.
Barry Fletcher Norwin
Lawspeaker of Crossroads - Leader of Codexia - Keeper of the Cheese
http://www.rpgcodex.net
Lothaudus

Postby ImpalerWrG » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:15 am

Food troughs and chicken coops should no longer suffer from the truncation problem that made it hard to raise their fodder quality.

Could you elaborate on the exact mechanism that now determines quality level, is it some kind of averaging each new input with the existing quality and quantity? Whats the best method for raising the quality now?

The FEP bonus scaling is a nice fix, it addresses the 'decay' problem I brought up on the old system, the sqrt dose still give a bit of bonus decay but considering that a player is going to typically get access to more food variety as they levelup and a longer food bar makes a higher variety of food before filling up the bar almost inevitable it shouldn't be too harsh.
ImpalerWrG

Re:

Postby Jeff » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:21 am

Jackard wrote:
dunno if theyve banned anyone yet, let alone several people

They've done that. A friend of mine began playing and in his first day he saw a strange person dressed in a old Roman Empire-fashion. This friend thought that he was macroing, and so he continued to disturb the gladiator.
The gladiator was Loftar, probably. :lol:
"I'm just an humble farmer, after all"
Jeff

Postby Potjeh » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:03 pm

But seriously, bring back FEP reducement to nuts and apples. What was the point of taking it away?
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby burgingham » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:04 pm

btw I am still waiting to get me a cape for reporting the gauze/hunger bug :P
burgingham

Postby martinuzz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:51 pm

When will this starving to death bug be fixed? I don't dare to log in my alt, because it is possible he was starving before the update. If he dies, we'll have a dead village, since he's only member in it atm.
martinuzz

Postby flaw » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:06 pm

martinuzz wrote:When will this starving to death bug be fixed? I don't dare to log in my alt, because it is possible he was starving before the update. If he dies, we'll have a dead village, since he's only member in it atm.

That's not the bug. That's the feature.
flaw

Postby Bigfish » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:16 pm

martinuzz wrote:When will this starving to death bug be fixed? I don't dare to log in my alt, because it is possible he was starving before the update. If he dies, we'll have a dead village, since he's only member in it atm.

You lose 1 HHP every once a while when you have starving greater 1%. Only at 0% you die within a minute. So dont be scared to log in.
Bigfish

Postby Lightning4 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:45 pm

Potjeh wrote:But seriously, bring back FEP reducement to nuts and apples. What was the point of taking it away?

It was never there in the first place. Or at least, not that I could see. I tried eating apples and nuts like within the first few days and it never had any effect.
Seems like only foods that give FEP ever had one.
Lightning4

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements