Headsup: A couple of minor changes

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re:

Postby Quasic » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:04 pm

Jackard wrote:
Quasic wrote:well, there are only 300 players on at a time, surely u could watch em for a bit, a few kick bans and people will get the message.

thats not how things work here. the devs couldnt commit the time to deal with this sort of bullshit even if they wanted to.

dunno if theyve banned anyone yet, let alone several people

Well at least they are not banhammer-happy then, that's a silver lining.

Maybe gauze could be given a second state, akin to bloated leech, but permanent? Like it turns to a bloody rag once you are at 100% and is then no longer useful..... just a thought.
Quasic

Re: Headsup: A couple of minor changes

Postby Spiff » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:34 pm

That's how its supposed to work. But there's a bug with gauze.
Spiff

Postby ThirdEmperor » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:29 pm

It seems to me that this is unreasonable, in the days this game is set in the vast majority of the population was starving ALL THE TIME, and they didn't just fall over dead every couple of seconds. A better idea would be to stop starving dealing damage at all, and instead make it increase the rate you take damage and lose stamina. Hense starving people would be easier to kill and way wimpier, making it a undiserable state, without it being an insta-kill. :D
ThirdEmperor

Postby Potjeh » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:32 pm

You don't understand the issue. The way you're suggesting, people could still macro away all they want, and then just eat some food when they want to put their "hard-earned" millions of LP into use.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Jackard » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:40 pm

ThirdEmperor wrote:It seems to me that this is unreasonable, in the days this game is set in the vast majority of the population was starving ALL THE TIME, and they didn't just fall over dead every couple of seconds. A better idea would be to stop starving dealing damage at all, and instead make it increase the rate you take damage and lose stamina. Hense starving people would be easier to kill and way wimpier, making it a undiserable state, without it being an insta-kill. :D

recently registered: √
reasoning based on hyperbole, anecdotal evidence and "realism": √
spelling errors: √
emoticons: √
Jackard

Postby ThirdEmperor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:44 pm

Jackard wrote:recently registered: √
reasoning based on hyperbole, anecdotal evidence and "realism": √
spelling errors: √
emoticons: √

At least I can talk in real sentences.

Oh and I'm not even going to address the fact that you list "recently registered" as a reason that my comment is no good. If your ego can't get over the fact that newer players occasionally havea good idea than that's no problem of mine, I was merely tossing in my proverbial to cents.
ThirdEmperor

Previous

Return to Announcements