Ramblings from the Tea Party

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ramblings from the Tea Party

Postby Zirikana » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Prosperine wrote:Kilnman(I dunno exactly what you would call someone, but this would just pertain to crafting goods and firing them up in a kiln)

I'd say "potter" would be a good name for that. I like this idea of being able to specialize skills a little bit more/better than is currently done in game, especially since it seems like village/town life is a big part of things. I'm definitely against a WoW style system where you declare what you "are" at birth and are stuck with that though. Not that anyone's said that AFAICT, but I shudder at the thought of it...

A fluid system based on the skill/attribute/tree system that gets improved by a combination of LP/FEP seems to work fine, all that would be needed here would be a reworked list of LP-buyable skills and a reworked technology tree to make this happen, right?
"Bein' a minotaur is a lot like bein' a regular human except moo" - J. Rowland
Zirikana

Re: Ramblings from the Tea Party

Postby Prosperine » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:31 pm

Zirikana wrote:
Prosperine wrote:Kilnman(I dunno exactly what you would call someone, but this would just pertain to crafting goods and firing them up in a kiln)

I'd say "potter" would be a good name for that. I like this idea of being able to specialize skills a little bit more/better than is currently done in game, especially since it seems like village/town life is a big part of things. I'm definitely against a WoW style system where you declare what you "are" at birth and are stuck with that though. Not that anyone's said that AFAICT, but I shudder at the thought of it...

A fluid system based on the skill/attribute/tree system that gets improved by a combination of LP/FEP seems to work fine, all that would be needed here would be a reworked list of LP-buyable skills and a reworked technology tree to make this happen, right?

I'd say that it'd be easy to just have a certain skill requirement/Attribute requirement attached to it, a certain amount of actions done(Such as for a lumberjack cutting down 100 trees), and then investing LP into it.
Prosperine

Previous

Return to Announcements