Ramblings from the Tea Party

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ramblings from the Tea Party

Postby Gray » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:44 pm

If I understood correctly, the plans are to implement a skill based system were you have many skills that raise on and influence particular things and tasks.
Since many actions are to be, how are the skills related to ALL those actions going to be organized?
Gray

Postby Xombie » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:14 pm

jorb wrote:When I say "minigame" I rarely if ever mean a tetris clone. The FEP system is one "minigame" making silk is one "minigame".

on a serious note i see nothing wrong with HHP regain overnight. all living beings regenerate wounds after all.

I'm kinda newb but i see no way to get my hands on first aid resources, no luck with leeches either. so now i just don't feel like going online because i have hp like for one more meeting with a bear. and dying like that would be somewhat frustrating.
The server appears to have crashed :(
Xombie

Postby Lordlenoks » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:16 pm

Horse! Horse is good!! Add a horse! >_< :D
Lordlenoks

Postby Wolfang » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:31 pm

Add the Whores! I mean...uhhh :shock:... horse
sabinati wrote:But Wolfang, it's the mods who are trolls, remember. please have some mercy on this innocent victim of merciless trolling by the moderation team before you make any more ad hominem remarks about him.

Wolfang

Postby Machenoid » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:03 am

JustasJ wrote:But how would you implement it? ... Would you just make some stuff better for some tools, like oak branches being better for axe handles or something, so the resultet oak-handle stone axe would be of higher quality?
Doing a "This is an oak branch and since oak is good for axes, the axe gets a +X to it's quality based on what the oak's quality was. The quality was 10, now it's 15." is goddamn lazy and unimaginitive, that's for sure; anyone can do basic goddamn math. It takes imagination to make a crafting system that's more then basic math (despite probably using basic math)
The Dwarf is making a plaintive gesture. He doesn't really care about anything any more.
Machenoid

Postby Cicious » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:27 pm

Machenoid wrote:anyone can do basic goddamn math

I can't. :o
Cicious

Location: Down the river, to the left then up the waterfall, then after 1000 tiles, to the right.

Postby sabinati » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:43 pm

Machenoid wrote:
JustasJ wrote:But how would you implement it? ... Would you just make some stuff better for some tools, like oak branches being better for axe handles or something, so the resultet oak-handle stone axe would be of higher quality?
Doing a "This is an oak branch and since oak is good for axes, the axe gets a +X to it's quality based on what the oak's quality was. The quality was 10, now it's 15." is goddamn lazy and unimaginitive, that's for sure; anyone can do basic goddamn math. It takes imagination to make a crafting system that's more then basic math (despite probably using basic math)

i'd love to hear a better idea then
sabinati

Postby metallic » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:08 pm

I would like to see a way to improve quality of items over time as mentioned before.

How about world wonders? A village can construct one to receive some kind of bonus, only 1 of each kind can be built at one time. It would take a lot of resources, and possibly give all players/players with certant skill ability to find it, and possibly something to have people motivated to attack and destroy it, other than so they can build it themselves.

Also, passive structures. This could make the geography more strategic. Say watermill can supply something rather, or a sawmill that produces wood over time.
possibly a building that decreases harvest time/increase quality around it. A village farm with a granary could produce things more effiecently in the plants around it.

Overall I would like to see some more large-scale buildings for crafting, rather than a whole overhaul.
metallic

Postby MishaPepyaka » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:21 pm

I want to live undergrownd, make that possible please...
MishaPepyaka

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:36 pm

If you sit in a boat, you can issue automatic pathfinding go commands to the region map. You should be able to, that is.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements