Ramblings from the Tea Party

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ramblings from the Tea Party

Postby metallic » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:53 pm

I'm not sure if he reads posts completly, I don't care about autopathing my boat.
metallic

Postby Alamarian » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:56 pm

metallic wrote:I'm not sure if he reads posts completly, I don't care about autopathing my boat.

Obviously not. Jorb is a bad little boy, because the whole world revolves around you and the only thing jorb should be doing is exactly what you desire.
"The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd."
Alamarian

Postby metallic » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:57 pm

I have learned that you are a dick. Good day, sir.
metallic

Postby Jackard » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:11 am

metallic wrote:Also, passive structures. This could make the geography more strategic. Say watermill can supply something rather

autogrinding wheat seed into flour?

ps. stop whining
Jackard

Postby g1real » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:53 pm

I'm going to bump this very thread to add something to that. With artifact crafting, perhaps an interesting way to create named objects. You craft it, and it has a 0.01% chance of becoming a magical imbued item that gives +100 str.

Mildly serious post, I would like to see this ingame.
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
g1real

Postby Zamte » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:16 pm

metallic wrote:I'm not sure if he reads posts completly, I don't care about autopathing my boat.

Considering you think this is Travian, I don't think you're the best person to be listening to. If you could use maps to autopath by clicking your end location (granted with how winding rivers can be it's going to be a nightmare to get the kinks out of) then not only would maps become a very nice trade commodity, but it'd allow for trading to be made easier. Although I think it'd help if we had super-grid wide and hearth-wide sized maps with a zoom function first.
Zamte

Postby Teh_Az » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:58 am

Paving a ten tile wide road is not a fun minigame.
Teh_Az

Postby Cairon » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:35 am

Teh_Az wrote:Paving a ten tile wide road is not a fun minigame.

You dont say... :roll:

I would love a horse though. :P
Cairon

Postby ChampionRyu » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:41 pm

Jorb, I think the idea of having more specific skills like mining and fishing are great ideas. In my short time playing this game so far I thought the exact same thing. For example, I loved to fish and we had designated fishermen for our village.. How cool would it be if we could enhance our fishing abilities to become specialized in what we do?

This could be applied to any aspect of the game, making the game much more appealing to people who want to do more specific tasks, or acquire skills not already presented in the current repertoire. In addition, it would add so many more "hours" of gameplay, if you will. So many more options would become available to players who want to go down a completely different path.

Hi-Five for being like-minded?

Edit: I think it would help make really vague skills much more understandable, especially for new players. If you would like to be good at this... Then try to raise up your blank. Or if you want to be good at this, a good combination of blank, blank and blank would benefit you. That concept except with a wide variety of specific skills.
ChampionRyu

Postby Prosperine » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:36 am

Some ideas for specialization/Research tree structure

Fishing
Farming
Lumberjack
Kilnman(I dunno exactly what you would call someone, but this would just pertain to crafting goods and firing them up in a kiln)
Bricklayer
Architect(Buildings and larger structures would obviously be near the end of a tree)
Road Worker
Cook
Chef(More advanced form, would involve baked goods and anything that requires cooking two or three ingredients together)
Militia(Minor upgrade to fighting ability and would obviously require military training)
Warrior(Use of more advanced weapons opened up, and would require skill in an armed talent such as ranging/melee combat which require weapons)
Soldier(Would give bonuses to leading ability and would give some type of modifer to other people leading them as well)
Berserker(Dunno, this would probably have some negative effects with it, but wouldn't be needed in a research type tree to more veteran military skills)
Prosperine

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements