Slight Change: Palisades

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Slight Change: Palisades

Postby Jackard » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:52 pm

Xombie wrote:AND 5(?) squares around.

i disagree. players should be able to exert full control over claims, but only the land that they hold - easy destroying objects, removing scents, who can build what, etc

if you want more then claim it
Jackard

Postby shamelesspie » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:02 pm

Wouldn't think griefing would be a problem in a game like this. But I guess some people are just that retarded.
shamelesspie

Postby arriel » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:13 pm

shamelesspie wrote:Wouldn't think griefing would be a problem in a game like this. But I guess some people are just that retarded.

People are just people. Happened in each and every game I`ve seen so far.
arriel

Postby Bonsoy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:02 pm

LOL! I know a secret about the update... HEHEHEHE.
Bonsoy

Postby Alamarian » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:11 pm

Sure ya do, tiger.
"The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd."
Alamarian

Postby sabinati » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:19 pm

Grey-fox-13 wrote:I guess i deserve that change xD

I am postponing the construction of a few walls for quite a while now i should have considered that i should hurry because otherwise it would become unreasonable expensive...

15 ropes (150 strings) hmm ok a few days of farming
6 bone glue (60 bones) ok genocide time...
30 leather... well just a few days of letting the dead animals furs rot xD

But seriously in general going to far then going back and reapting that until things are perfect is fine but you guys are kind of overdoing it ._.
10 times less hunger and then that...

On the otherside Wallins are going to be reduced greatly might be just because newbs simply cant afford walls and grievers can just take/destroy what they want

why do you need to make 3 initial cornerposts?
sabinati

Postby Spiff » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:39 pm

sabinati wrote:why do you need to make 3 initial cornerposts?

two gates?
Spiff

Postby Valnar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:41 pm

sabinati wrote:why do you need to make 3 initial cornerposts?

There could be cliffs or unbuildable terrain involved.
Valnar

Postby makute » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:52 pm

Xombie wrote:Impossibility to build off your claim sucks, and it will harm noobs even more then current quick 'fix'. they may have no LP to instantly make big enough claim and they will not be able to build wall and enlarge land at same time.

How about auto-claiming the land in wich houses are built and one tile around it (if they are not built in an already claimed zone), at a reduced cost. Like 300 LP for a Log Cabin, 1000 LP for a Timber House and 2000 LP for a Stone Mansion. Later, you can extend the claimed area normally, as with a pole.

Xombie wrote:Banning people for using ingame possibilities is stupid. And kids will always find many more "unfair" things to use as excuse to turn game in another nazi theme park MMO, where you can't do a shit without getting banned.

I'm very aware that devs intention is to recreate a lifelike-free environment. But I don't think that some kind of karmic system that penalizes evil actions is totally out of place if we already have things like magic or a reincarnation system.

Perhaps a new attitude slider, out of player control, ranging from Evil to Good or Lawful, similar to the Death/Life or Barbaric/Civilized ones.
makute

Postby Tonopah » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:07 pm

Skill: Breach Palisade
Req: only on owner claim (no kin )
LP cost: -2500LP
Reuse: two hours
Breach Palisade should include a -LP cost to the claim owner - if the owner has no spare LP then the claim becomes indebted and all future LP gain is siphoned into the claim debt until completely paid off. Declaiming an indebted claim results in LP drawn directly from the character sheet.

This serves multiple purposes.

Claim owners can remove sealed palisades and thus expand.
Griefers may still set walls and buildings on another persons claim
The walled victim can breach a grief wall and insert cornerposts and a new doorway - thus expanding a wall at the griefers expense.
The dark night of fascism is forever descending upon the United States, yet somehow it always lands in Europe” - Jean Francois Revel
Refusal to enforce rules, or enforcing them capriciously and arbitrarily, is one of the chief characteristics of tinhorn internet forum moderation- Me
Tonopah

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements