Slight Change: Palisades

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Postby Jackard » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:01 am

makute wrote:Perhaps a new attitude slider, out of player control, ranging from Evil to Good or Lawful, similar to the Death/Life or Barbaric/Civilized ones.

heh no
Jackard

Re: Slight Change: Palisades

Postby Xombie » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:39 am

Jackard wrote:
Xombie wrote:AND 5(?) squares around.

i disagree. players should be able to exert full control over claims, but only the land that they hold - easy destroying objects, removing scents, who can build what, etc
if you want more then claim it

You don't understand. It's not about LP for 5 more squares. Whatever size your claim is you still technically can be griefed. And you can't claim more in direction of someone else's claim. So safe zone is essential for 100% idiot-proofness.
The server appears to have crashed :(
Xombie

Postby Jackard » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:44 am

claim

more

land
Jackard

<Insert Subject>

Postby NaoWhut » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:47 am

Jackard wrote:claim

more

land

New format =O
ImageImage
NaoWhut

Postby shamelesspie » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:57 am

I claim beyond my walls... Seems to work for me. Although I don't piss people off either. Except our local theif. Turned their spawn trap of construction signs into "FU" :D
shamelesspie

Postby sabinati » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:00 am

i don't have walls on my claim because i wish a motherfucker would
sabinati

Re:

Postby Xombie » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:50 am

Jackard wrote:I

am

stupid

Ok lets just say are fucking retard and call it a day
The server appears to have crashed :(
Xombie

Postby Jackard » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:51 am

Xombie wrote:Ok lets just say are fucking retard and call it a day

say are? i do not believe that is proper english my friend
Jackard

Postby Lothaudus » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:13 am

re: Decay, I get the feeling the decay rate in general has been upped as I'm pretty sure I had a chest decay on me within one week, something that didn't happen before. Something to do with tree branches perhaps?

re: Pallisade griefing, I think a simple "glue fix" similar to the battering ram should reduce most instances. IE: The initial corner-post requires glue and once built, takes a day to dry (as with all glue items, for internal consistency) after which you can build. I doubt most griefers would make glue, build a cornerpost and then bother waiting a day to come back.

Then again...

At the moment though, the cost is INSANE for a n00bie (which is what the Pallisade wall is). Especially when I usually have to build 4 starting corner posts in a general wall project (I like gates in each side). I suspect most griefing of Pallisades occurs simply because the resources to build a pallisade were readily available: Trees. So the update is a step in the right direction. I just think rope AND leather AND glue AND so much of each is a bit much.

While the leather is nice idea, as even if you kill a few nearby animals and set their hides up on racks, you still need to give it time to dry (and then make tanning tubs, get water and bark and put the dried hide into the tub to let it to cure until it becomes leather) which acts as a deterent. But leather and rope seem out of place in a cornerpost. Maybe make every corner-post require 2 or 3 bits of glue, and add a day's drying time to each. Those who want their Pallisade will take the time to wait. Those who are just griefing, well, you obviously need to be a determined griefer and I think that's acceptable if someone is willing to put that much time and effort into griefing someone.

At the moment, it's still easy enough to grief someone if they've left a cornerpost un-sealed or the area unclaimed... or you just really, really want to grief them and bring the rope, glue and leather with you for that starting post. I think there needs to be a balance between determined griefers and n00bs setting up walls and at the moment, it's leaning too far away from the n00bs.
Barry Fletcher Norwin
Lawspeaker of Crossroads - Leader of Codexia - Keeper of the Cheese
http://www.rpgcodex.net
Lothaudus

Re:

Postby makute » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:17 pm

Jackard wrote:heh no

I'll patiently wait until your crush on ugly dogs cools down and you can elaborate a real and constructive answer.
makute

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements