Slight Change: Palisades

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Slight Change: Palisades

Postby Peter » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:37 pm

Or it could just be made impossible to build walls off of your claim...
Surprise.
Peter

Postby makute » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:42 pm

Yes. That's an easy and elegant way to deal with the issue.
makute

Postby Jackard » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:41 pm

that has been suggested several times
Jackard

Postby Durkle » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:45 pm

Way to give griefers the joy of making an entire aspect of the game more annoying for literally everyone. Stop playing nice, just punish offenders directly and automatically with loftar's magic. Ta da, people learn to play fair, your work load gets cut in half, and so does your mailbox. The player base may shrink as a result, but.. isn't it shrinking already due to you not wanting to solve things using your fist? More often, that is?
Durkle

Postby Onionfighter » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:58 pm

Durkle wrote:Stop playing nice, just punish offenders directly and automatically with loftar's magic. Ta da, people learn to play fair, your work load gets cut in half,

Except now you have to police everyone. I don't think Jorb and Loftar created this game so they can babysit us.
Cheerleader
Onionfighter

Postby Jackard » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:08 pm

Durkle wrote:Stop playing nice, just punish offenders directly and automatically with loftar's magic. Ta da, people learn to play fair, your work load gets cut in half, and so does your mailbox. The player base may shrink as a result, but.. isn't it shrinking already due to you not wanting to solve things using your fist? More often, that is?
_____________________/
Jackard

Postby Grey-fox-13 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:21 pm

I guess i deserve that change xD

I am postponing the construction of a few walls for quite a while now i should have considered that i should hurry because otherwise it would become unreasonable expensive...

15 ropes (150 strings) hmm ok a few days of farming
6 bone glue (60 bones) ok genocide time...
30 leather... well just a few days of letting the dead animals furs rot xD

But seriously in general going to far then going back and reapting that until things are perfect is fine but you guys are kind of overdoing it ._.
10 times less hunger and then that...

On the otherside Wallins are going to be reduced greatly might be just because newbs simply cant afford walls and grievers can just take/destroy what they want
Grey-fox-13

Postby Durkle » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Onionfighter wrote:
Durkle wrote:Stop playing nice, just punish offenders directly and automatically with loftar's magic. Ta da, people learn to play fair, your work load gets cut in half,

Except now you have to police everyone. I don't think Jorb and Loftar created this game so they can babysit us.

That's why I suggested punishing people automatically. Then you don't have to police them, they police themselves. Now I'm not claiming to have any coding knowledge but I'm pretty sure there's a way to trigger a counter-measure when somebody tries to palisade grief.

Or, as has been suggested, solve the problem with more grace, at least. I simply don't think that "making it take longer to grief" will solve the problem. It makes the wound fester, if you will.
Durkle

Postby Xombie » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:44 pm

Impossibility to build off your claim sucks, and it will harm noobs even more then current quick 'fix'. they may have no LP to instantly make big enough claim and they will not be able to build wall and enlarge land at same time.

Banning people for using ingame possibilities is stupid. And kids will always find many more "unfair" things to use as excuse to turn game in another nazi theme park MMO, where you can't do a shit without getting banned.

So only reasonable way is to it make it impossible to build on someone else's claim AND 5(?) squares around, which currently used as 'safe' zone between claims. So everyone happy and jorb can stop removing walls and start drawing various awesome horses.
The server appears to have crashed :(
Xombie

Postby Jackard » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:47 pm

Durkle wrote:That's why I suggested punishing people automatically. Then you don't have to police them, they police themselves. Now I'm not claiming to have any coding knowledge but I'm pretty sure there's a way to trigger a counter-measure when somebody tries to palisade grief.

Jackard

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements