Game Development: Rule of Law

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Rule of Law

Postby sami1337 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:40 am

Malicus wrote:I tried simply walking into the claimed area, and I could not. However, I CAN walk into other claimed areas that are not in a village just fine without trespassing. Hrm.

There's actually something i noticed. I know you're talking about our mine.
I ran into an un-shared claim of a villager one day only to notice the claim on the mine is blue rather than purple.
The ones who see things differently.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
sami1337

Postby Malicus » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:31 pm

Weird. It was purple when I saw it. Must have changed.
Malicus

Postby moonshield » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:21 pm

sami1337 wrote:
Malicus wrote:I tried simply walking into the claimed area, and I could not. However, I CAN walk into other claimed areas that are not in a village just fine without trespassing. Hrm.

There's actually something i noticed. I know you're talking about our mine.
I ran into an un-shared claim of a villager one day only to notice the claim on the mine is blue rather than purple.

Maybe that's because the claim is yours.

Malicus: You can't interact with claims at all if you don't have trespessing, that seems to include mines/cabins.
moonshield

Postby Malicus » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:46 pm

I have walked straight through other claims, but not that one, or another one that was in Laketown. I tested on a claim that was NOT there after I encountered that one, and I could still walk through it, which is why I'm thinking that village claims and non-village claims operate by different rules. I'm looking for confirmation of that, and nobody's giving it so far. I wasn't trying to interact with it, I was just trying to walk onto it.
Malicus

Postby ybobjoe » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:30 am

Ferinex wrote:
ybobjoe2 wrote:
Malicus wrote:Does something about this make personal claims within its range unpassable without the trespassing skill? I don't have the skill, and I was unable to enter a claimed mine to follow a theft scent.

Yeah you can walk right through claims now on a newly created character, you just can't click on any objects. Then once you get tresspassing you can look into objects(leaving a thief scent) but cant take anything?

Its rather odd in my opinion.

A) No.
B) Why did you make a new account?

No? What do you mean no? Mines/Town idols make no difference to whether you can pass through claims on a character without the Trespassing skill.

And I made the other account a long time ago when I first built a claim inside a house. It didn't block characters on the same account so I wondered if characters on the same account shared claims so I made a second account to enter the house with the claim to find out that claims do not work within houses. If you really wanted to know the reason.
ybobjoe

Postby Ferinex » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:06 am

....and that validated your need to make two accounts on the forums how? How would I even know if you had two accounts ingame?

No, as in no, you didn't answer a single thing he asked.
i guess they never miss huh
Ferinex

Postby ybobjoe » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:22 pm

Ferinex wrote:....and that validated your need to make two accounts on the forums how? How would I even know if you had two accounts ingame?

No, as in no, you didn't answer a single thing he asked.

Huh? there is no such thing as a "ingame" and "forum" account. Any new H&H account works on both, I just happened to log on to my second account and run around on my claim with an alt before posting.

Me saying yeah, was misleading, I meant it more as "yeah I don't understand" as to why my statement ended with a question mark. Also most people didn't understand exactly what he meant at first.

Besides what part of, "you can walk right through claims now on a newly created character, you just can't click on any objects.", didn't answer his question?

And why are you answering for other people when you had no clue(since you obviously didn't answer his question) and why do you care that I have more than 1 account?
ybobjoe

Postby Ferinex » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:58 am

He was asking whether or not town claims made personal claims within the town impassable to non-townies who do not have trespassing (because outside of a town claim, you can trespass on personal claims without having Trespassing, but he was unable to even WALK on another person's personal claim inside of a town claim when he was not a member of the town and did not have Trespassing.)
i guess they never miss huh
Ferinex

Previous

Return to Announcements