Game Development: Rule of Law

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Rule of Law

Postby Lightning4 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:45 am

Out of curiosity, how does a Lawspeaker grant the Chieftain title to someone? The idol can't be interact with, nor the clothes, so I assume I have to bestow the hat myself, or something?

Edit: Nevermind. After logging back in later I found the government button.
Lightning4

Postby kimya » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:15 am

whats that "oath of allegiance" ?

tried to do it on myself but it didnt work :/

also didnt work with townmember...
kimya

Postby Rift » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:19 pm

its the new thing from the last dev sessoin[last night]
it lets you add new people to your village, either the chieften or lawspeaker can do it.
you of course.. can't add people already in the village...
Rift

Postby Malicus » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:56 am

Does something about this make personal claims within its range unpassable without the trespassing skill? I don't have the skill, and I was unable to enter a claimed mine to follow a theft scent.
Malicus

Postby ybobjoe2 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:11 am

Malicus wrote:Does something about this make personal claims within its range unpassable without the trespassing skill? I don't have the skill, and I was unable to enter a claimed mine to follow a theft scent.

Yeah you can walk right through claims now on a newly created character, you just can't click on any objects. Then once you get tresspassing you can look into objects(leaving a thief scent) but cant take anything?

Its rather odd in my opinion.
ybobjoe2

Postby Malicus » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:12 am

That had absolutely NOTHING to do with what I was wondering about.
Malicus

Postby Ferinex » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:14 am

ybobjoe2 wrote:
Malicus wrote:Does something about this make personal claims within its range unpassable without the trespassing skill? I don't have the skill, and I was unable to enter a claimed mine to follow a theft scent.

Yeah you can walk right through claims now on a newly created character, you just can't click on any objects. Then once you get tresspassing you can look into objects(leaving a thief scent) but cant take anything?

Its rather odd in my opinion.

A) No.
B) Why did you make a new account?
i guess they never miss huh
Ferinex

Postby niltrias » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:44 am

It might be, and this is only speculation, that entering a mine counts as interacting with an item, and so without having the trespassing skill, you would not be able to enter.
Im just guessing though. I dont have trespassing.
<Marcher Lord>
Dogs! Oh god, please give us DOGS!
There are those who press on with the ardor of beer, and those who are faint with thirst.
niltrias

Postby Malicus » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:45 am

I tried simply walking into the claimed area, and I could not. However, I CAN walk into other claimed areas that are not in a village just fine without trespassing. Hrm.
Malicus

Postby niltrias » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:49 am

Ah, I was confused. I thought you meant you could enter the claim but not the mine.
I have definitely tripped over claim corners in BN and left trespass clues (Sorry all) so it seems that you should be able to enter a claim area without trespass.
<Marcher Lord>
Dogs! Oh god, please give us DOGS!
There are those who press on with the ardor of beer, and those who are faint with thirst.
niltrias

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements