Game Development: Villages

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Villages

Postby theTrav » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:57 am

If you're going to have LP, have LP for EVERYTHING!

LP for moving, LP for not moving, LP for picking things up, LP for putting things down, LP for time spent in game, LP for moving over minimap spaces that you haven't moved over in a while, LP for moving over spaces that you have been over lots, LP for talking to people, LP for adding Kin

Small amounts, all the time. It may give pretty much everyone the same bonus, but 1 - It'll get people the skills they want quicker so they'll feel less compelled to grind, and 2 - It'll make people feel less like trading and exploring are hurting their development (even though it still is, it's a psychological thing)

Personally I'd prefer you removed it.
theTrav

Postby Lothaudus » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:07 pm

loftar wrote:This isn't necessarily related to village upkeep, but the discussions in this thread have made me realize once again that the lack of LP from tanning and silk handling sucks a bit. The reason, as everyone knows, is that it is very unclear just where in the process LP should be gained.

Make a special silk-worm rack (container) that silk-worms are placed in, that can then be filled up with leaves (much like a food trough). Easy to track when food is put in and give LP for that then (only when silkworms are in the rack). I mean, who the fuck keeps silkworms in cupboards anyway?
Barry Fletcher Norwin
Lawspeaker of Crossroads - Leader of Codexia - Keeper of the Cheese
http://www.rpgcodex.net
Lothaudus

Postby sabinati » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:11 pm

theTrav wrote:If you're going to have LP, have LP for EVERYTHING!

LP for moving, LP for not moving, LP for picking things up, LP for putting things down, LP for time spent in game, LP for moving over minimap spaces that you haven't moved over in a while, LP for moving over spaces that you have been over lots, LP for talking to people, LP for adding Kin

Small amounts, all the time. It may give pretty much everyone the same bonus, but 1 - It'll get people the skills they want quicker so they'll feel less compelled to grind, and 2 - It'll make people feel less like trading and exploring are hurting their development (even though it still is, it's a psychological thing)

Personally I'd prefer you removed it.

let's not get crazy here. keep in mind that the LP system is (probably) going to be replaced at some point. that doesn't mean they can't make tweaks to little things like this in the interim.
sabinati

Postby al » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:16 pm

Do personal claims in a village drain it's authority?

(I think I saw this rule somewhere, but I can't find it now...)
English/Russian negotiations for a nominal fee.
PM me or look for IM contacts here
Every client gets a piece of Trident Layers for free!
================================================
Предлагаю услуги переговорщика между англо- и русско-говорящей стороной за небольшое вознаграждение.
al

Postby sabinati » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:28 pm

al wrote:Do personal claims in a village drain it's authority?

(I think I saw this rule somewhere, but I can't find it now...)

nope
sabinati

Postby al » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:46 pm

Thanks.
English/Russian negotiations for a nominal fee.
PM me or look for IM contacts here
Every client gets a piece of Trident Layers for free!
================================================
Предлагаю услуги переговорщика между англо- и русско-говорящей стороной за небольшое вознаграждение.
al

Previous

Return to Announcements