Microupdate: LP for leather and silk, removed branch q loss

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Microupdate: LP for leather and silk, removed branch q loss

Postby sabinati » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:34 pm

loftar wrote:This isn't necessarily related to village upkeep, but the discussions in this thread have made me realize once again that the lack of LP from tanning and silk handling sucks a bit. The reason, as everyone knows, is that it is very unclear just where in the process LP should be gained.

In an attempt to alleviate the problem I've added LP when 1) filling the tanning tubs with water or bark and 2) when picking up newly hatched silkworms from the herbalist's table. It is quite a bit ugly, but it's probably better than nothing.

It's just in the code thus far, though. It'll be actualized after the next server restart.

and

Potjeh wrote:I really don't get the point of decreasing tree q because of picking branches and bark. Trees have been gimped enough as it is, don't add insult to injury. As it is now, I'm not picking branches at all. It makes more sense just to chop the tree and turn it into branches.

jorb wrote:I agree.
loftar wrote:Well, I agree too. I've removed it from the code now, so it will be removed in practice after the next server restart.

the server has now been restarted and these changes should now be in effect. loftar be praised.

edit: and after a slight bug with trees giving infinite branches for a while,
loftar wrote:Tree resources should now be finite again. I also added more LP to mining and made intestines into fishing bait.

it has been fixed. plus bonus features.
sabinati

Re: Microupdate: LP for leather and silk, removed branch q loss

Postby trotts » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:35 pm

dont know if it was intentional, but it seems as though trees give lot more branches now
trotts

Postby burgingham » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:37 pm

Can't you just keep your mouth shut about stuff like that??
burgingham

Postby trotts » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:40 pm

its not like they wouldnt find out eventually. Now that branches and apples are back to being infinite, i feel like im at a disadvantage because im not running a loom macro
trotts

Postby burgingham » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:41 pm

What does this have to do with loom macros? Oh right ...nothing.
burgingham

Postby sabinati » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:43 pm

trotts wrote:its not like they wouldnt find out eventually. Now that branches and apples are back to being infinite, i feel like im at a disadvantage because im not running a loom macro

you sure they're infinite and not just much larger quantity?
sabinati

Postby Hermit » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:43 pm

Smelting ore is also gives no lp, and requires many time, as you know. And mining gives too little lp. What about increase it twice? Add lp for smelting impossible, becouse it will be exploitable.
Hermit

Postby sabinati » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:45 pm

Hermit wrote:mining gives too little lp.

i agree.
sabinati

Postby trotts » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:48 pm

im not sure if they are infinite, but i pulled 4 inventories off one. also, bark seems to be the same. however, you can only get 2 seeds per tree still.
trotts

Postby Zamte » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:58 pm

Glad to see LP given for the tubs. With as much of a hassle as they are to fill up, this will be motivation to keep doing it.

Have you guys considered making them work like the cauldron (as in, not using up all the water every time), as 60 liters of water is a lot of trips back and forth between the well for one hide. I wouldn't mind if I could stick multiple hides in a tub, or if the tub only used up 10-20 liters of it's supply per hide, but it gets really tedious when you have ten tubs going all the time because you've got backed up leather to make.
Zamte

Next

Return to Announcements