Game Development: I was a Highwayman

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: I was a Highwayman

Postby Jackard » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:14 pm

You can kill them around 80 str

(pickaxe counts as extra 20 str so 60 is enough)
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
Jackard

For developers... (MileStone)

Postby eL_Diablo » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:07 pm

Idea to create a MileStone was good. It is very convenient to pass automatically the big distances using MileStone. But why it is impossible to build MileStone (or similar) in caves? In caves it is often necessary to go very big distances and if it will be possible to do it automatically it will be very conveniently.

What do you think of it?

Коси и забивай!
eL_Diablo

Postby Ejnekor » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:47 pm

A lot of things unfair to caves and mines... and cellars... and second floors!
I hate to be forced to build cupboards on first floor of the building and then lift it and move all the way to place where i want it to be located (mine, cellar or second floor of the mansion).

Same with milestones. They should be flagged to be build inside caves and mines imo.
Ejnekor

Postby Junkfist » Mon May 03, 2010 12:26 am

Since a character beelines towards a marker, they have to be placed in ways that aren't exactly aesthetically pleasing.

Moreover, since you collide with them, you can't use roads for cart pulling, which is pretty much why we have them.

So what I'd suggest is either/both making them have no bounding box and allowing the one-time option to "Set Destination (Path)" that would work like "Extend", except it would just mark the position within a close range you would walk to (maybe within 5 tiles) instead of walking directly to the marker.

And also you can't make bridges so you can't use them for the really big treks, but I'm guessing bridges are complicated enough to be way on the back-burner.
Junkfist

Postby g1real » Tue May 04, 2010 1:56 am

Jackard wrote:You can kill them around 80 str

(pickaxe counts as extra 20 str so 60 is enough)

Only 20? I thought a pickaxe halved the needed strength.
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
g1real

Postby Jackard » Tue May 04, 2010 2:54 am

i might be going off of old info
Jackard

Postby themendios » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:18 am

So do carts still collide? I built a 2x stone road for my cart pulling and have road building but I'm not going to use it if it won't work (which is sad).
themendios

Postby themendios » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:21 am

themendios wrote:So do carts still collide? I built a 2x stone road for my cart pulling and have road building but I'm not going to use it if it won't work (which is sad).

Sorry to bump but I still want to know the answer to this - I built a road that is almost an SG wide and as useful as it is for running carts manually I'd love to know if I could actually use the skill I bought?
themendios

Postby Naeght » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:16 am

I think you have to make the milestones go in zigzag on the sides of the road _-_-_-_-_-.
Something like that
Naeght

Postby TeckXKnight » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:51 am

themendios wrote:
themendios wrote:So do carts still collide? I built a 2x stone road for my cart pulling and have road building but I'm not going to use it if it won't work (which is sad).

Sorry to bump but I still want to know the answer to this - I built a road that is almost an SG wide and as useful as it is for running carts manually I'd love to know if I could actually use the skill I bought?

First, you're crazy and I salute you for your work. Second, yes carts, wagons, and people still collide with objects and stop. Pathing is terrible.
TeckXKnight

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements