Game Development: Stuff

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re:

Postby springyb » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:57 am

Ferinex wrote:
Peter wrote:
ThirdEmperor wrote:Name three significantly different recipes, creatable with resources already in game.

Fried Potatoes- Needs a skillet, onions, and potatoes.
Baked Potatoes- Just needs a campfire (It's possible to simply bury them in the earth and ash beneath the fire). "Default" cooking method.
Chips/Fries/Crisps- Needs an oven. Cooks up into nice, salty potato chips.

Don't go disparagin' my potatoes.

So, What does California Lettuce DO anyway?

Don't forget mashed potatoes and vodka

edit: it seems like every post I've read by thirdemporer has radiated ignorance

Mashed Potatoes- Requires anvil and a hammer.
springyb

Re: Geme Development: Stuff

Postby Caliku » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:32 am

EPSIL0N wrote:
g1real wrote:
Jackard wrote:you dont smoke the seeds

It's generally a bad idea to be disrespectful of the moderating staff and he is technically right, you don't smoke the seeds.

You hilarious troll.

Just to clarify in the case you really aren't trolling then: Without seeds you cant plant hemp, without hemp you cant harvest the weed.

They're not trolls, you just a bumbling idiot! When you harvest the hemp in the flowering stage(the orange flowers) you don't get seeds.

After that stage you get the seeds.
Caliku

Postby Potjeh » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:40 am

Pipe weed is tobacco, Tolkien just didn't want to use a loan word from the New World. He did call it tobacco in Hobit, though.

Anyway, my position is that if it's not out of place in Grimm's Fairy Tales, it's not out of place in H&H.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby EPSIL0N » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:15 am

Quote wall has exceeded acceptable length so you'll have to look it up.

I only look like a troll because you cut the other part of my post where I take the opposite side of my first part.
Also this may be the first time anyone has called me a hilarious troll.

Back on topic kinda, harvested some hemp from my tribemate's plot then went on the internet to get directions on how to prepare the buds then spent two hours trying to explain to the university constable that it was for a game not real life and I don't have marijuana stashed in my dorm room.
Please tell me I'm not the only one who tried to look up real world instructions and apply them in game. Also so far the steps look to be working :lol:

I wonder what kind of effect smoking this or tobacco will have.
EPSIL0N

Postby jlt314 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:48 am

what about basic cabbage? that's an european plant anyway. harvested as "heads of cabbage" and eaten raw. with something as simple as clay bowls (come on, we have jars with lids on them, but no plates and bowls) we could have cabbage-onion-carrot soup (or general veggie soup with potatoes and beets) cooked in a cauldron, of course. and with vinegar we could make sauerkraut.
and one more bump for rice (rice straw, rice flour, rice spirits AKA sake) and cotton (cotton fibers and cotton gauze as herbal alternative to gauze), as we already have asian plants with hemp, mulberries and tea.
"Если не я за себя - то кто за меня? Но если я лишь за себя - то что я? И когда, если не сейчас?" Хиллель Старший.
jlt314

Postby Lothaudus » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:52 pm

re: The issue at hand, I only want to say:
    "Haven & Hearth is a MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game) set in a fictional world loosely inspired by Slavic and Germanic myth and legend."
So pretty much anything goes... within reason.

EVEN POTATOES DAMNIT.

EPSIL0N wrote:Quote wall has exceeded acceptable length so you'll have to look it up.

There's a character limit on posts here? Why, I'm surprised I haven't reached it myself yet.

Jackard wrote:wow, people are referencing the movies instead of the books now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mi ... #Pipe-weed

There are books for Lord of the Rings!?? They sure do write books based on movies pretty quick these days.
Barry Fletcher Norwin
Lawspeaker of Crossroads - Leader of Codexia - Keeper of the Cheese
http://www.rpgcodex.net
Lothaudus

Postby g1real » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:04 pm

Caliku wrote:
g1real wrote:
EPSIL0N wrote:
It's generally a bad idea to be disrespectful of the moderating staff and he is technically right, you don't smoke the seeds.

You hilarious troll.

Just to clarify in the case you really aren't trolling then: Without seeds you cant plant hemp, without hemp you cant harvest the weed.

They're not trolls, you just a bumbling idiot! When you harvest the hemp in the flowering stage(the orange flowers) you don't get seeds.

After that stage you get the seeds.

And you don't realise that I'm speaking about the whole part where I don't have any hemp plants at all because I harvested them and I used them for grassplanting, you fucking tool.

Also good job swapping the quote names around, I took the liberty of fixing it.
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
g1real

Postby Lothaudus » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:16 pm

g1real wrote:I don't have any hemp plants at all because I harvested them and I used them for grassplanting, you fucking tool.

No, I think harvesting and forgetting to save seeds for re-planting pretty much makes you the fucking tool. :P
Barry Fletcher Norwin
Lawspeaker of Crossroads - Leader of Codexia - Keeper of the Cheese
http://www.rpgcodex.net
Lothaudus

Postby g1real » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:35 pm

Lothaudus wrote:
g1real wrote:I don't have any hemp plants at all because I harvested them and I used them for grassplanting, you fucking tool.

No, I think harvesting and forgetting to save seeds for re-planting pretty much makes you the fucking tool. :P

It was actually 100% intentional since I had no use for hemp because I had flax.
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
g1real

Postby sabinati » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Lothaudus wrote:
EPSIL0N wrote:Quote wall has exceeded acceptable length so you'll have to look it up.

There's a character limit on posts here? Why, I'm surprised I haven't reached it myself yet.

it's a limit on nested quotes
sabinati

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements