Game Development: Stuff

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stuff

Postby spectacle » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:36 pm

jorb wrote:I thought the movies captured the beauty of LotR wonderfully, and I love the books.

The sets and costume design were definitely spot on. The portrayal of the characters and peoples of Middle-Earth was more hit and miss though.

Anyway:
Once a man has changed the relationship between himself and his environment, he cannot return to the blissful ignorance he left. Motion, of necessity, involves a change in perspective.
-Commissioner Pravin Lal, "A Social History of Planet"
spectacle

Postby Jackard » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:28 am

"Now," added the elf-queen, "meet my catgirl ninjas!"

Is that supposed to be Uwe Boll? I thought we were talking about "Lord of the Rings", not "In the Name of the King".

ps. lego comics are only slightly less terrible than stickfigure or sprite comics
Jackard

Re: Geme Development: Stuff

Postby Deathclaw » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:58 am

bgfan wrote:
Lothaudus wrote:
Jackard wrote:wow, people are referencing the movies instead of the books now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mi ... #Pipe-weed

There are books for Lord of the Rings!?? They sure do write books based on movies pretty quick these days.

You have to be kidding me... The Lord of The Rings books were written by Tolkien back in the early-mid 20th century... the movies were mad elike five years ago, and to be honest, are a horrible representation of Tolkein's work.

I think peter jackson did his best to pound out 3 movies from book that is like...5-6 inches thick. Everything I saw in the movie, looked like how I envisioned it when I read it when I was younger. I am sad they left out Tom bambadil. And is this game also based on perhaps the Wheel of Time series? I think it would be an interesting concept to have "Evil" in this game. IE something out of folklore, beasts that gather in the forests and create small camps, to give our high end people something interesting to do. And give some LP while they are at it ^^ Off topic but i just wanted to throw that out there.
Deathclaw

Re: Geme Development: Stuff

Postby jorb » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:35 am

Deathclaw wrote: And is this game also based on perhaps the Wheel of Time series?

Oh Lord no.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby bear2973 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:10 pm

sweet goddess! i second that! what jorb said.
bear2973

Postby Darkren » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:32 pm

My character is now high. I see no changes, so I'm confused as to its effect.

Genius, jorbtar; I smoked hemp in the game, and become confused in real life. I've never seen a game do that.
Jackard wrote:moral of the story - the 'aesop', if you will -

all germans are evil
Darkren

Postby sabinati » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:46 pm

Darkren wrote:My character is now high. I see no changes, so I'm confused as to its effect.

Genius, jorbtar; I smoked hemp in the game, and become confused in real life. I've never seen a game do that.

lol
sabinati

Postby g1real » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:47 pm

Darkren wrote:My character is now high. I see no changes, so I'm confused as to its effect.

"Darkren used weed!"
"Darkren has become confused!"
"Darkren hurt himself in confusion!"
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
g1real

Postby loftar » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:20 pm

Haha XD

The effect is, indeed, not obvious. It increases the amount of FEPs you receive from food you eat.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Pacho » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:27 pm

Does it make you hungrier too?

It should totally make you hungrier, or at least have food fill you up less.
Pacho

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements