Downtime: Data corruption

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Downtime: Data corruption

Postby Bonsoy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:18 am

lol, my stone mansion became unbuilt. Also, has anyone else lost.. all.. authority in their village?
Bonsoy

Postby Jackard » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:24 am

not all, but i inexplicably lost 25k very recently
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
Jackard

Postby KoE » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:29 am

I'm fairly certain we lost more than a normal night's worth, but we're back up to the cap now so it wasn't too startlingly large a loss.
KoE

Postby ThirdEmperor » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:24 am

Any chance of you know, giving the people who lost two weeks of work something to make up for this?
ThirdEmperor

Postby Seizure » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:29 am

ThirdEmperor wrote:Any chance of you know, giving the people who lost two weeks of work something to make up for this?

You are quite funny.
Seizure

Postby ThirdEmperor » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:21 am

Seizure wrote:
ThirdEmperor wrote:Any chance of you know, giving the people who lost two weeks of work something to make up for this?

You are quite funny.

I'm dead serious. I don't see any reason not to, and it's not like I even lost anything. I merely think it would stop a lot of players from raeg quitting.
ThirdEmperor

Postby Seizure » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:30 am

ThirdEmperor wrote:I'm dead serious. I don't see any reason not to, and it's not like I even lost anything. I merely think it would stop a lot of players from raeg quitting.

Its an alpha, and not a single piece of what you worked for is meant to stay. Not to mention the fact that more serious things have happened in the past (players getting killed by bugs, unintended side effects of things put in the game, etc.) and nothing has been given for compensation. Similar things have happened in the past and nothing has been done to compensate the players.

Not to mention the fact that there is no real way to determine who lost stuff because of this data loss.
Seizure

Postby ThirdEmperor » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:41 am

Seizure wrote:
ThirdEmperor wrote:I'm dead serious. I don't see any reason not to, and it's not like I even lost anything. I merely think it would stop a lot of players from raeg quitting.

Its an alpha, and not a single piece of what you worked for is meant to stay. Not to mention the fact that more serious things have happened in the past (players getting killed by bugs, unintended side effects of things put in the game, etc.) and nothing has been given for compensation. Similar things have happened in the past and nothing has been done to compensate the players.

Not to mention the fact that there is no real way to determine who lost stuff because of this data loss.

Fair enuff.
ThirdEmperor

Postby retsi21 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:35 am

I was wondering if i can get back to claymore if its not too much trouble. (though i'm more south than claymore. i live at eva talis. which reminds me all that farming i did was for naught. anyways) yea i round up at my house and couldn't get out and no hearth fire apparently i just rounded up somewhere in the wilderness having no idea that the maps were destroyed. the help would be greatly appreciated. - Cedric Griffin
retsi21

Previous

Return to Announcements