Regarding The Forums: Welcome to H&H

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Regarding The Forums: Welcome to H&H

Postby LuKo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:51 pm

Hi, I'm new here, and I liked a lot this NOOBDESTROYER game, reminds me a lot of TES old games, Ultima, and some other things (like...ugh...minecraft..lol)
Sorry for doing that here anyways... xD Dun ban me for that (stones allowed, but no ban plz)

...Just wanted to say hi xD

Btw, If you guys are looking for help with artwork, I can try... (not showing anything because, I dont know if you guys really need that)

c ya
LuKo

Postby Sevenless » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:36 pm

LuKo wrote:Hi, I'm new here, and I liked a lot this NOOBDESTROYER game, reminds me a lot of TES old games, Ultima, and some other things (like...ugh...minecraft..lol)
Sorry for doing that here anyways... xD Dun ban me for that (stones allowed, but no ban plz)

...Just wanted to say hi xD

Btw, If you guys are looking for help with artwork, I can try... (not showing anything because, I dont know if you guys really need that)

c ya

Custom skinning is popular, you could probably make your own with a bit of work if you wanted.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby btaylor » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:17 pm

jorb wrote:Well, OP is two years old, so it isn't exactly 100% up to speed with my present philosophical outlook. I do not not today associate the words "ideology", "nationalism" or "liberalism" -- with the latter two concepts obviously being species of the first -- with anything positive. My view is simply that personal autonomy is a social concept that has no meaning outside the context of an antecedent polity. Robinson Crusoe on his island is not in any meaningful sense free, he is merely isolated. Further, I do not believe that something as ephemeral as ideas can on its own form the lasting basis of a functioning polity, and hence I consider family, culture and nation to be relevant to political discourse, and in that capacity also legitimate values well worth defending.

The good society is a fruit of culture, not one of politics, ideologies or revolutions. Societies are precious flowers that one grows, not mechanistic contraptions to be construed from on high by virtue of some grand central plan.

So jorb, harking back to your OP, I am interested in knowing where you see H&H standing in a historical point of view? W7 seems more chaotic than any world I can remember playing in. People try to build long-lasting kingdoms or trade metropolitans yet it seems they eventually succumb to hostile invaders who have no apparent goals other than to see everyone and everything around them burn to ground. I'm no history buff but it does interest me to a point, so would you share some of your insight?
The unfed mind devours itself. - Gore Vidal
btaylor

Postby ArvinJA » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:56 pm

Actually, W7 is probably the most peaceful world so far if you're part of The Empire.
The low life has lost its appeal
And I'm tired of walking these streets
To a room with its cupboards bare
ArvinJA

Postby borka » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:35 am

Nope there's the longtime lag missing that makes worlds more peaceful :P - i don't see much difference to the first months of W6...player count drop also doesn't say: more peaceful

And what "empire" ?!? ... i haven't seen a AfO, Peace Grid or even a vclaim that spreads all over the map yet or a revolution - but hey this world is young ... ;)
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby _Gunnar » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:53 am

I don't think anyone would bother spreading their vclaim much this world... boars are too strong :p

And it does feel like since I'm not part of the "Empire" i pretty much have to just constantly avoid or evade their stormtroopers... anyone not allied seems to be a legitimate target. And since I won't ally the other side either, stealth seems to be the best option.

[luckily stormtroopers are not known for their intelligence - although they got me once, death of even a main is just a minor setback... - wont be so easy next time! :P]
_Gunnar

Postby Steerforth » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:19 pm

sabinati wrote:
fkingprostitute wrote:I eat Du(i)cks for money.

a damnable lie, sir

Lel
Say, "O disbelievers,I do not worship that which you worship, nor do you worship the One whom I worship.And neither I am going to worship that which you have worshipped, nor will you worship the One whom I worship. For you is your faith, and for me, my faith."
Steerforth

Postby Peaposto » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:51 pm

Wow. Even if dwarf fortress was the only thing that gigantic wiki list I would still be amazed. :D
I like pies
Peaposto

Previous

Return to Announcements